Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Steofan The Apostate (simaulius) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Bohemian Alps
About Me Running in the hills north of Lincoln NE, where, in the words of Ted Koosier, the glaciers kicked the mud and rocks off of their galoshes before stomping back to Canada.
Running 3-6 miles every day. Counting down to Colorado trip in June, YNP in July. Walking out to short overnights, driving out when I get the rare two days-off in a row.
StateNebraska

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steofan The Apostate

Showing 121 - 130 of 314 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...32

Forum » Thread

Re: Wood gas stove
I used an artilce on this site that came out a couple of years ago to build this one. It gets quite a bit of use, both with wood and a Trangia burner that fits in the top.

In Make Your Own Gear » Wood gas stove
February 06, 11:19am

Verto is VERY NICE
I've tried the Verto jacket on and REALLY like it! The best way to check for fit is by going to the North Face website and look at the sizing on the Verto page. The measurements that they give ...

In GEAR » Patagonia Houdini vs North Face Verto?
February 06, 10:55am

QR Codes + Trail Signs = Innovation!
Jared, Amazing! This is my first time on this thread and you are turning out some very nice work! My last employer produced an iPad & iPhone interface to compliment their medical software pa...

In GEAR » QR Codes + Trail Signs
January 29, 10:23pm

Fancy restaurant tablecloth bread crumb sweeper thingy
Interesting ideas, everyone! I have an old aluminum horse sweat scraper hanging up in the barn that would be perfect. You can also buy table crumb sweepers in various colors for under $3 on Ama...

In Make Your Own Gear » Fancy restaurant tablecloth bread crumb sweeper thingy
January 25, 12:53pm

A vote for the Melanzana.
"Comparatively I'm not sure which is warmer, but I've been super pleased with the melanzana hoodies. I would think the slimmer fit of the R1 along with the thumb loops might give it an...

In GEAR » R1 vs Melanzana micro grid hoody
January 25, 12:31pm

We are the problem, not the bears.
So true, Nick. From my office window in YNP, I could hear the park rangers throwing cherry bombs to chase bears out of Mammoth WY. Even if that bear never came back, another one would wander throu...

In GEAR » UL Bear Protection
January 24, 11:59am

Flammable hand sanitizer
A little salt will disolve the gel. The remaining puddle will be the alcohol which will light.

In GEAR » Flammable hand sanitizer
January 22, 7:54pm

More Input, Thinking of building a shelter like this
You could use more net inside to decrease weight and condensation. I really like the low, wind proof design. Thunderstorms on the open plains can send wind and rain up to 80 mph and from three dire...

In Make Your Own Gear » Input, Thinking of building a shelter like this.
January 22, 3:13pm

Warmest Fur
Amy, check out yellowstonetraders.com for their bison wool yarn products. The gloves are the best! Much easier to purchase than musk ox wool, but not as cute as a Great Pyrenees sweater would be.

In GEAR » warmest fur?
January 14, 9:58am

Forecast your sex life for the year ahead
"I sat upon the shore Fishing with the arid plain behind me" T.S. Eliot, The Waste Land It's going to be a great year!

In Chaff » Forecast your sex life for the year ahead.
January 13, 11:59am

All Reader Reviews by Steofan The Apostate

Steofan The Apostate has posted no reviews.