BPL Community Profile

Sam Haraldson (sharalds) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Gallatin Range
About Me I am Sam. I enjoy ultralight backpacking, bicycling, splitboarding, and living simply.
CityBozeman
StateMT
CountryU.S.
My Website URLhttp://samh.net/backpacking
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Winter Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Sam Haraldson

Showing 121 - 130 of 1851 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...186

Forum » Thread

Bob Lane collapsible cup
I like to troll once in awhile ; )

In GEAR » Bob Lane collapsible cup
October 22, 1:16pm

Bob Lane collapsible cup
That's very nice of you, Joyce. Thanks for sharing!

October 22, 9:30am

Anaconda-Pintler Wilderness: Photo Essay
Great photos and captions, Ryan. Torie and were hiking some of those same sections over the 4th of July weekend. Such a spectacular place!

In Editor's Roundtable » Anaconda-Pintler Wilderness: Photo Essay
October 11, 3:28pm

Solo-Plus Tent State of the Market Report
This is b.s. How come you didn't review the REI Kingdom 6? Lame.

In Editor's Roundtable » Solo-Plus Tent State of the Market Report
September 19, 3:59pm

The 2012 Alaska Mountain Wilderness Classic
Dave, thoroughly enjoyed the write-up. I've read a fair bit about the Classic in the past and this article paints a worthy picture of this year's event as well as providing a potential vie...

In Editor's Roundtable » The 2012 Alaska Mountain Wilderness Classic
September 07, 9:32pm

Bob Lane collapsible cup
Bill, excellent to see you back in action in the workshop. I question (as you do) whether this is a worthy project however. I personally carry a mug that is pretty much solely designed for drinki...

September 06, 11:18pm

Google SketchUp Tutorial for MYOG Enthusiasts
This is a well-written and informative tutorial. As a long-time Sketch-Up user it was nice to read some new tips and tricks I'd neither used nor considered.

In Editor's Roundtable » Google SketchUp Tutorial for MYOG Enthusiasts
August 13, 11:22am

A Lightweight Guide to the Crown of the Continent
Best advice in the article is your recommendation for walk-in permits and 20+ mile days. I can't think of a single weekend in my my two seasons living in the park when I was unable to secure a...

In Editor's Roundtable » A Lightweight Guide to the Crown of the Continent
August 10, 7:20pm

Backpacking on the Moon
A worthwhile piece, Dave. Another fine addition to your growing collection of great material here at BPL.

In Editor's Roundtable » Backpacking on the Moon: A Trip Guide to Craters of the Moon National Monument
June 30, 7:41pm

Honeymoon at Isle Royale (Trip Report)
Another fine trip report from you, Travis. Isle Royale is a pretty dang special place - glad you two went for it! ps - this is one of my favorite stats to add to conversations: Ryan Island...

In Editor's Roundtable » Honeymoon at Isle Royale (Trip Report)
June 20, 1:18pm

All Reader Reviews by Sam Haraldson

Showing 1 - 10 of 18 | Page: 1 2

Review

Category

StickPic camera mount
The StickPic is a simple trekking pole compatible camera mount. It is manufactured to fit your trekking pole specifically and slips over the tip of your pole. You can then attach your camera to the ...

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
June 15, 3:24pm

Inov-8 Debrisgaiter
When traveling off-trail in the pursuit of a summit or maneuvering from a trail in one drainage to another I often encounter steep slopes covered loose scree. When taking in step in this scree my foo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
August 21, 9:52am

Mark Twight/The Mountaineers Extreme Alpinism
Although written primarily for individuals wishing to move light and fast in alpine summit pursuits, Mark Twight's book Extreme Alpinism published by The Mountaineers contains methodology e...

In Books and Media
January 14, 5:25pm

Bushbuddy "Ultra" (BPL/Ryan Jordan/Arctic 1000 Version) Wood Stove
At a little less than five and a quarter ounces the Bushbuddy Ultra Wood Stove will probably receive my best buy of 2007 award. I own an MSR Whisperlite, a Snowpeak Gigapower and two different be...

In Stoves - Other
September 13, 5:36pm

Arc'Teryx Ether Series Shirts
What are the factors that lead to high rating for a base layer clothing item? In my opinion the item must stand up to a number of factors. These include, in no particular order, comfort, durability,...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
September 13, 4:48pm

WalMart
I quit shopping at Walm$rt a few years ago. If you can't find it someplace else then you don't need it. It is an un-arguable fact that this giant company is reaching into the pockets of mill...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 12, 12:15pm

Mountain Laurel Designs
When you order from Ron Bell, don't expect to find your order at your doorstep the next week the way you would expect a purchase from a giant retailer. And when you order from a giant retailer, d...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 12, 12:00pm

Mountain Laurel Designs eVent Rain Mitts
Saturday morning it started raining at 9:30 a.m. just as we were headed away from the previous nights campsite onto the trail. I had the mitts on along with my Marmot Precip and my trusty rain hat. ...

In Clothing - Raingear
April 23, 3:26pm

Marmot Ion
I've been wearing my 2006 Ion lately while biking. It's winter here so I've been wearing it layered over my U.L. Thermawrap and after a steady, sweaty climb uphill there is significant sh...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
March 08, 9:32am

Montbell Thermawrap pants
The Montbell U.L. Thermawrap pants are the perfect blend of function and minimalism. Full size zips make venting and putting on and taking off easy. Both a snap as well as a cinch around the waist k...

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
February 21, 6:52pm