Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Serge G. (sgiachetti) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Boulder, CO
About Me I started backpacking as a teenager in southern appalachia. My summers in college were spent in mountain heaven, glacier national park. Since then, I've lived and played in the high sierras, the cascades, and now the colorado front range. Walking into the mountains for a few days with a light pack never seems to lose its charm. I recently picked up a bad habit called climbing.
CityBoulder
StateCO
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://sergegiachetti.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Serge G.

Showing 121 - 130 of 703 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...71

Forum » Thread

arc teryx nuclei & MH thermostatic hooded <$145
My xenon died, so I've been on the look out for similarly light hooded synthetic jackets for a deal. I've tried both of these on & they seem to be great jackets, close to as warm as the...

In Gear Deals » arc teryx nuclei & MH thermostatic hooded <$145
February 17, 8:19am

got the integral
Just a few impressions of the integral out of the package. I think its just thin enough for most rocky mountain summer backpacking. My size M was 7.5 oz, the same weight as my beloved (size L) I/O ...

In GEAR » Options for a Hooded merino long sleeve shirt
February 17, 12:27am

back to bd
Thanks for the input guys. I found a good deal on the 2013 models, about $100 with coupons at sunny sports, so I went for it. In comparison to the other ultralight poles I've used, ruta loc...

In GEAR » anybody break a bd ultra distance pole
February 16, 11:54pm

anybody break a bd ultra distance pole
Just wondering if anyone has longterm durability experience with these. I've used & liked this pole quite a bit when I owned them the past two summers, but I sold them in favor of somet...

In GEAR » anybody break a bd ultra distance pole
February 13, 10:13pm

fast drying
Yeah, i'm not sure if I know of any truly fast drying wool, but the meco 120 comes close. If I get any shirt really wet in winter, I gotta change out of it, but the thinner airier weaves of woo...

February 12, 7:58pm

nice shell not breathable
I tried this windshell & though I liked the fit, it didn't breathe very well. Nice shell anyway.

In Gear Deals » Rab Cirrus Wind top black L & M for $65 @ Backcountry Outlet
February 12, 5:34pm

hole in the market
A super light/thin base layer merino hoody is sorely missing from the market. From what I can tell that integral from MH is one of the lighter/thinner options, and good to know its only 8 oz in an ...

February 12, 12:08am

NM
NM

In Gear Swap » Pearl Izumi EM N2 11.5
February 10, 3:04am

granite gear Nimbus O-Zone
My first ultralight piece of gear was a granite gear nimbus O-zone to replace my gregory (shasta?) to save about 3lbs in 2001. I did it a little backwards, since I still had a heaviesh base weigh a...

In GEAR » Your first "UL" piece of gear?
February 10, 1:13am

one of the best bags/quilts
The katabatic sawatch has been one of my favorite pieces of gear, and I've used it a lot. I've taken it considerably below the recommended rating (about 10-below) car camping with a puffy j...

In GEAR » Katabatic Gear Sawatch: Extreme temp. limits?
February 10, 12:41am

All Reader Reviews by Serge G.

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Trail Designs Customer Service
Rand was really helpful on two stove purchases. Answered all questions almost immediately and helped get a sidewinder made for me at a moment's notice for a trip. Couldn't as for better custom...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 10, 3:44am

Gossamer Gear Gorilla
I'm very impressed with this pack. I tried out a few packs for a planned AT thru hike (didn't pan out yet), and this was far and a away my favorite. With the stay and sitpad, the pack conforms...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 28, 1:59am

Gossamer Gear Gorilla
edit: double post

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 28, 1:56am