BPL Community Profile

Piper S. (sbhikes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Santa Barbara (Name: Diane)
About Me I hiked 3000 miles of the PCT over 2008 and 2009, about half the trail each time. I now hike in the backcountry of Santa Barbara and Ventura counties. I'm a Trail Ambassador for Gossamer Gear.
CitySanta Barbara
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://santabarbarahikes.com
My PDF Gear ListPiper's Gear

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Piper S.

Showing 121 - 130 of 1277 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...128

Forum » Thread

Re: Where Did Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner Go?
I just did a trip where we ate just breakfast, lunch and dinner, not a lot of snacking. This was because we had to hang our food in camp so even if we had a short day, our food was out of reach. If...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Where Did Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner Go?
August 26, 8:11pm

Re: in defense of fresh foods?
You know, eating is probably one of the biggest pleasures on a backpack trip so I figure that saving weight on the gear leaves you more room for better food and for musical instruments or cameras.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » in defense of fresh foods?
August 26, 7:45pm

Re: cook/no cook weight difference
I'm not sure the weight difference, but for my no-cook trip my kitchen was a plastic screw-top jar, a plastic "cup" made from the bottom of a plastic jar, a plastic peanut butter jar ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » cook/no cook weight difference
August 26, 7:42pm

Re: Re: Dehydrating Soy Sauce?
Well, so far I can tell you that miso does dehydrate. Overnight it turns into a soft leathery mass, even the stuff I made mixed with ginger, garlic and soy sauce. It smells good so I'm pretty s...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Dehydrating Soy Sauce?
August 09, 7:32am

Re: 'Trail names'
I have a hiking friend who for the longest time I didn't even know his real name. I don't know where he got the name. He's so weird that his trail name suits him more than his boring re...

In Philosophy & Technique » 'Trail names'
August 08, 7:46pm

Re: Re: Re: Backpacking on calorie deficit and ideal energy distribution...
This will be controversial, but if you really want to do this, you should adapt your body to a low carbohydrate diet before you go out there. Then your body will be better able to use fat for energ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacking on calorie deficit and ideal energy distribution...
August 08, 7:06pm

Re: Re: New Pacific CREST Trail Record
She has finished. She beat the other guy. Nice thing about endurance/distance activities is they level the differences between men and women, young and old. Good for her for achieving her goa...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New Pacific Coast Trail Record
August 08, 7:03pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Dehydrating Soy Sauce?
I've decided to try dehydrating miso. I mixed some ginger, garlic and soy sauce in it. I'll let you know if it was any good in about 2.5 weeks. I'm leaving for Glacier tomorrow. Hope it...

August 08, 5:56pm

Re: Re: Re: Dehydrating Soy Sauce?
Have you considered dehydrating miso paste instead? I have been wanting to try it.

August 07, 8:17pm

Re: Everything.
I eat paleo, too, but I bring my paleo food backpacking because it's so damn good.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Is there something you eat in the backcountry that you don't eat otherwise?
August 07, 6:14pm

All Reader Reviews by Piper S.

Piper S. has posted no reviews.