Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Piper S. (sbhikes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Santa Barbara (Name: Diane)
About Me I hiked 3000 miles of the PCT over 2008 and 2009, about half the trail each time. I now hike in the backcountry of Santa Barbara and Ventura counties. I'm a Trail Ambassador for Gossamer Gear.
CitySanta Barbara
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://santabarbarahikes.com
My PDF Gear ListPiper's Gear

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Piper S.

Showing 121 - 130 of 1535 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...154

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Closest to a Sunday Afternoons Adventure Hat without being a Sunday Afternoons Adventure Hat?
The thing with the Sunday Afternoon hat is that it looks really good, dashing even, on some people and really dorky and girly on others.

In GEAR » Closest to a Sunday Afternoons Adventure Hat without being a Sunday Afternoons Adventure Hat?
May 30, 8:04am

Re: Interesting creatures
I was eaten alive on the Kalalau trail.

In GEAR » Shelter for Hawaii - how bug proof
May 30, 8:01am

Re: Which silver trekking umbrella model do you prefer?
Birdiepal is another version of the same umbrella. Most people don't use them right. The best way to use them is to take off your hat and wear a wet kerchief on your head while under the umb...

In GEAR » Chrome dome replacement?
May 28, 6:44am

Re: An alternative
I suppose the underarm hair maybe rules this out, but I don't use any antiperspirant at all ever, mainly because it doesn't really work and it ruins my clothes with staining. Instead I appl...

In GEAR » Best deodorant to use with Icebreaker shirts?
May 28, 6:39am

Re: Re: I have not found a good solution for this problem
The picture I posted was not of my feet. These were my Altra Superiors: They did pretty well, but they weren't breathable enough and I was getting ball-of-foot blisters. I had to stop e...

In GEAR » I have not found a good solution for this problem
May 28, 6:33am

Re: I dont get it
> Ever since that job i bathe in anything anywhere, because it really is the best feeling ever. Cold is great, and it highlights the joy of having your breath literally taken away. It's ...

In GEAR » New favorite luxury item, the Simple Shower
May 27, 8:43pm

Re: I have not found a good solution for this problem
I should look into kevlar chaps. Mayne make some gaiter/shoe covers. There's not just foxtails. There's star thistle, too.

In GEAR » I have not found a good solution for this problem
May 27, 8:39pm

Re: Just got laid off and it stinks.
My boyfriend got laid off a few years ago. At first there is the anger and depression. Then this calm came over him. He started fixing things around the house and hiking a lot. I never saw him so h...

In Chaff » Just got laid off and it stinks.
May 27, 10:03am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: why do i need to keep buying stuff????
It's fun to try new stuff I guess. I really miss the Bee Gees. They are gross to look at but I still really like their music.

In Chaff » why do i need to keep buying stuff????
May 27, 10:00am

Re: "The toughest ounces to lose: backpacking in minimalist footwear (video)"
I brought my homemade huraches on my trip this weekend. They really saved me as I was getting ball-of-foot blisters with my Altras. The fit of my Altras feels perfect and I don't sense any rubb...

In Philosophy & Technique » The toughest ounces to lose: backpacking in minimalist footwear (video)
May 27, 9:55am

All Reader Reviews by Piper S.

Piper S. has posted no reviews.