BPL Community Profile

Ryan Linn (ryan.c.linn) - BPL Guest

My Locale Maine!
About Me I've worked for the Appalachian Mountain Club and Green Mountain Club for several seasons. I led a trail crew in Vermont for the Vermont Youth Conservation Corps near Stratton Mountain. I hope to continue working on or near hiking trails, although the seasonal work thing is hard to sustain over the long run. We'll see how that goes...

AT 2007, New England Trail 2009, PCT 2010. CDT...?
My Website URLhttp://guthook.blogspot.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Linn

Showing 121 - 130 of 510 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...51

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Overfilling my WM bag
"Do you have a contact person at WM for this? Or did you just call them?" I've always wondered about getting in touch with WM as well. Their website is the only company's I'...

In GEAR » Overfilling my WM bag
November 05, 12:20pm

Re: Good suggestions
"It is good to have veteran PCT hikers giving advice here and it is much appreciated." Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention my standard first piece of advice for aspiring through-hikers: D...

In Gear Lists » Preleminary PCT/JMT Gear List
October 28, 4:13pm

Re: Re: Maps/Guidebooks - PCT Atlas from Erik the Black
I will add another vote for the light sleeping bag. I got by on the whole trail with a 30 degree bag that had already been used for an AT thru-hike, supplemented very occasionally with the thermawr...

In Gear Lists » Preleminary PCT/JMT Gear List
October 28, 5:07am

Re: FS: Summer Quilt
I'm still using that Javan Dempsey quilt I bought from you last year, Thom, and it's my favorite 3-season sleeping bag thing ever. If that's any indication, this one is probably top not...

In Gear Swap » FS: Summer Quilt
October 25, 6:03pm

Re: New England Whites or VT for Nov 5th weekend
I'll let you know at the last minute. I'll probably end up going for a dayhike with my girlfriend somewhere in the Whites since I've been abandoning her to go to things like the meet up...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » New England Whites or VT for Nov 3rd weekend
October 25, 5:19pm

Re: Damn commitments....
Haha. This was one of the first times I've felt like one of the "responsible adults" in the group. I'm very glad you're going to fight to keep me on the irresponsible side, St...

In Post-Trip Reports » NE BPL Meetup
October 25, 5:03am

Re: Re: NE BPL Meetup
That was Ben from Boston by way of California, indeed. He got the whole thing started, apparently. Kudos to him, and kudos to Bryce for organizing so much. Nighttime lows and daytime highs... my...

In Post-Trip Reports » NE BPL Meetup
October 24, 4:52am

Re: FS: WM Lynx, SMD Oasis, MB Alpine LIght
One more bump before it's ebay time. I know someone must want some fluffy, high-quality down.

In Gear Swap » FS: WM Lynx, SMD Oasis, MB Alpine LIght
October 23, 3:53pm

Re: That was epic...
Indeed! Working on trip report and getting the photos together. But with those three thirty-mile days we all did, it's hard to remember all the details.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » New England ultralight weekend!
October 23, 3:53pm

Re: Yeah..
I'll keep the offer of 450 up here for a few more days before I try ebay, then. For as little use as this bag has seen, I can't justify dropping the price that much.

In Gear Swap » FS: WM Lynx, SMD Oasis, MB Alpine LIght
October 20, 4:08pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Linn

Ryan Linn has posted no reviews.