BPL Community Profile

Rusty Beaver (rustyb) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Rocky Mountains
About Me Rusty Beaver has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rusty Beaver

Showing 121 - 130 of 804 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...81

Forum » Thread

Working again!
Ok, so I soaked it overnight, beginning with hot water. This morning, I see that the slow drip turned in to a steady stream, using gravity only. I hooked it up to my faucet and backflushed but this...

In GEAR » My beloved Sawyer Squeeze failed me. Anyone else experience this?
June 26, 11:41am

My beloved Sawyer Squeeze failed me. Anyone else experience this?
Have used it a number of times. Always worked perfect, including the last time I used it last October. After that trip, I sat it on the wood stove mantel and let it dry for a couple wks before pack...

In GEAR » My beloved Sawyer Squeeze failed me. Anyone else experience this?
June 25, 11:43am

Re: Vireo
Adding more loft to an existing Vireo is an easy task for FF. Have your friend ask them. I used mine for the second time last wkd. Again, I don't know the temps but there was frost on the gr...

In GEAR » Custom 20 oz Feathered Friends Vireo with 6"+ loft.
June 25, 8:17am

Used'er
Well, in the worst yr for backcountry travel in more than a decade, I finally got out and used this bag. I got it for the earlier and later trips when temps are cooler...but curiosity was kill'...

In GEAR » Custom 20 oz Feathered Friends Vireo with 6"+ loft.
June 19, 8:36pm

Re: Why floorless tents are actually better for the fastidious
4. The floor can also be your poncho. Double duty. Less weight.

In GEAR » Why floorless tents are actually better for the fastidious
June 19, 10:29am

Re: Bump
Good job to both Rem and James!

In Make Your Own Gear » $10 Tyvek coveralls converted to 2.95oz jacket & 1.73oz chaps.
June 14, 9:25pm

Thanks!
Hey Steve, Thanks for the info. And yes, I'm from ID. I'll send you an email in a bit. rusty

In Pre-Trip Planning » Sawtooths 10 days from now?
June 14, 5:44pm

Re: Re: Re: Chlorination
"...but I chose not to do the research just to prove someone wrong that I dont care about and wont change their mind anyway." Point taken. I had those links, and the pic, already store...

In GEAR » water conundrum
June 13, 6:09pm

Re: Chlorination
"Water doesn't need to reach boiling to be disinfected, much less be boiled for many minutes." The CDC says "Bring the clear water to a rolling boil for one minute (at elevati...

In GEAR » water conundrum
June 13, 1:26pm

Sawtooths 10 days from now?
I hear the snow is currently quite thin for this time of year. Anyone been up there this year? I'm just trying to imagine what the trail system up high would be like this early. I've al...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Sawtooths 10 days from now?
June 13, 11:04am

All Reader Reviews by Rusty Beaver

Rusty Beaver has posted no reviews.