Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ross Bleakney (rossbleakney) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Cascades
About Me Ross Bleakney has not added a biography yet.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ross Bleakney

Showing 121 - 130 of 961 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...97

Forum » Thread

Re: Thanks
I have a pair of MLD mitts I use for the summer (with very light glove liners). For the winter, I use similar glove liners with big wool mitts and OR mitt shells. Even though the shells are similar...

In GEAR » Zpacks or MLD Rain Mitts
February 24, 10:44pm

Re: Logic Check: Windshirt
Here is my take on it: In most cases it is a luxury. So is a pillow (use a rock-stone like Bob Marley). But it is a very light luxury item that comes in handy for a lot of uses: 1) As mentioned,...

In GEAR » Logic Check: Windshirt
February 21, 5:11pm

Re: Re: Ultralight Reading Glasses
>>> Yeah, very light, BUT ... they only work at home. If you are out walking and have got a bit sweaty, and want to read a map, forget it. They fall straight off your nose. Well, that&...

In GEAR » Ultralight Reading Glasses
February 14, 1:58pm

Re: Poncho and Windshirt are two separate pieces
For the most part, a windshirt is an unnecessary item. I don't always carry one. Basically, a rain jacket (or poncho) can serve as wind protection as well as rain protection. A puffy jacket als...

In GEAR » Breathable windshirt vs Frogg Toggs poncho? & as an aside, Zpacks fanny pack
February 14, 1:37pm

Re: Do it all pad combo
Sounds reasonable, the big question is whether you will be comfortable on just a Ridgerest. Lots of people move to inflatable pads from closed cell foam only because it is more comfortable. But tha...

In GEAR » Do it all pad combo
February 08, 11:58am

Hooded Windshirts
Yes, another windshirt thread. I figured I would start another one, rather than hijack one of the existing threads. I'm in the market for a windshirt. I have a couple, but the one I use the ...

In GEAR » Hooded Windshirts
February 08, 11:51am

Re: airshell
My feelings exactly Dan. I think a very light, waterproof shell that is only marginally breathable would be quite nice. Windshirts are so light now that bringing both would make a lot of sense. Wea...

In GEAR » Sierra Designs Cloud Airshell 4 ounce raincoat
February 05, 8:36pm

Typo on the Picture
There is a type on the picture (should be Glacier Peak, not Peaks).

In Editor's Roundtable » Salvation in Skykomish
January 22, 12:22pm

Re: Midlayer Technology: Patagonia Capilene 4 v. Mountain Hardwear Desna Hoody
How does the R1 fabric compare to Capilene 4? I'm replacing a Patagonia fleece pullover I've owned for twenty years (it has been used a lot and is finally showing its age). I forget what th...

In Editor's Roundtable » Midlayer Technology: Patagonia Capilene 4 v. Mountain Hardwear Desna Hoody
January 09, 11:01am

La Fin Du Monde
With regards to Dave Chenault's third pick: La Fin Du Monde is a great beer. I once proclaimed it as the best beer in North America (I would say that the brew from the Belgium monks are just...

In Editor's Roundtable » 2012 Backpacking Light Staff Picks
January 05, 10:49pm

All Reader Reviews by Ross Bleakney

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear
Another GG review, another five out of five. This time, I broke a pole section (the lower part, or tip). It was my fault (I stepped on it) and not the fault of the pole. A call to customer support (I&...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 25, 12:11pm

Ultrapod Mini
I am very happy with my Ultrapod Mini. It does what is supposed to do very well. You often have to be resourceful with it; but with a little imagination, you can take great pictures. For example, if y...

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
July 04, 7:38pm

Pentax Optio WP
I very much like my Optio WPi (6 mp). I have found the waterproof feature to be of much greater value than I originally expected. For winter pictures, it is really handy to set up a picture and not wo...

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
July 04, 7:13pm

Eureka Zues II Exo
I bought this tent a few years ago, before I knew about tarp tents. I have been happy with it, but it is a little smaller and heavier than a tarp tent. As a free standing tent, it is more round, which...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
August 14, 3:13pm