BPL Community Profile

Kathleen B (rosierabbit) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Kathleen B has not added a biography yet.
CityStevens Pass
StateWashington

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kathleen B

Showing 121 - 130 of 546 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...55

Forum » Thread

Stuffing apricots
Yowsers! I am heading out the door to buy almond paste. While I'm gone, I hope you can tell us how to stuff an apricot. The dried ones I have aren't stuffable. Do you slit them open? S...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » A fattening yummy from this weekend
September 21, 4:00pm

Franco's Contrail videos
Franco - thanks for the link to your video. I watched all of the others you did related to the Contrail, too, and thought they were very helpful.

In GEAR » Contrail rear center strut?
September 19, 8:43pm

Backpacking Shepherd's Pie
I made this last night to try at work today and cut down the portions from Mina's recipe above to make 1 serving. My guesses seemed to work, because it was very tasty and satisfying and easy. ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Backpacking Shepherd's Pie
July 07, 3:39pm

Shasta Trip Report
I just finished watching this and thought it was great. Thanks for putting it together and sharing it. I was surprised you were glissading in your crampons and not using your ice axe for a rudder...

In Post-Trip Reports » Shasta Trip Report ( Video Documentary)
July 04, 9:44pm

I live in the wrong place
Well, I just checked Target. No chicken in pouches of any size. Then I checked World Market. No dried soups of any type. Back to mail order.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » 3 oz. chicken packet
July 01, 3:12pm

Sources for other foods
Thanks, Bob and Sarah. I hadn't thought of looking for soup in the cups. I will definitely dump the cups if I can find what I'm looking for. I used to get dehydrated tomato soup in pouch...

June 30, 9:49pm

Sources for other food
That's good to know. I too have tried to find 3 oz packages of chicken with no luck. I'll look a little more kindly on the cans and try one. Speaking of food sources, where can I find ...

June 30, 4:31pm

Calling Sarah for the world's best recipe
When I plan backpacking menus, they're sorted into 2 categories: nacho taters and everything else. If you do a search for "nacho taters" and "curried chicken cranberry cousco...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Calling Sarah for the world's best recipe
June 10, 9:07pm

Why the Exodus
I don't like to own a wardrobe of packs, so I have just 2 - a daypack and an all-season backpack. I love my Circuit, but I bought it about 3 years ago before it came in a small, which I really...

In GEAR » MLD Prophet vs. Exodus
May 25, 7:44pm

Beige
Uh oh. My hiking pants and windshirt are beige.

In Philosophy & Technique » A philosphical question
May 24, 12:49pm

All Reader Reviews by Kathleen B

Showing 1 - 8 of 8 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Botach Tactical Customer Service
I had a similar experience to David's. They sent the inferior space blankets, rather than the correct order, took forever to send a return UPS shipping label, and only yesterday admitted to recei...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 07, 5:35pm

Boomer's Guide to Lightweight Backpacking by Carol Corbridge
I was very disappointed in this book. Luckily, I didn't buy it but had checked it out from the library. For starters, the book is in major need of copy editing. There are lots of awkward sent...

In Books and Media
May 28, 2:04pm

Backpacking Light Merino UL Pants
These do everything BPL promised - provide comfortable warmth without being bulky. I've worn them under non-winter hiking pants all winter, and they've extended the comfort range down to 7 de...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 25, 10:55am

Hikelight.com Company
I just discovered this website that is based in Oregon. It seems to be a distributor of some of our favorite brands - SixMoonDesigns, Tarptent, Montbell, GraniteGear, and Western Mountaineering. No ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 22, 9:39am

HarmonyHouseFoods.com vegetables and beans
I just received my second order of dehydrated food from Harmony House. First I bought the vegetable pantry stuffer - 16 different quart-sized containers of various dehydrated vegetables, and then a we...

In Foods - Prepackaged Meals & Side Dishes
July 25, 9:08pm

Golite Paradox pants
I'm not sure whether to review these in raingear or softshell clothing, because they're both. They are all-day pants, rather than rain pants to pull on over hiking pants and are made of a fab...

In Clothing - Raingear
July 10, 1:11pm

Sealskinz gloves
I had the same experience as Brett. My non-waterproof gloves absorbed less water than these.

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
July 10, 12:51pm

ULA Circuit
This pack was on backorder, but it came sooner than Brian said it would. I gave it a 2-day test this last weekend on a short backpacking trip in the Cascades. I was pleased that it was as comfortabl...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
March 06, 1:29pm