Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Roman Dial (romandial) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale packrafting NZ
About Me A middle aged man, married, fattening up.
CityAnchorage
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Roman Dial

Showing 121 - 130 of 210 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Les Miserables
Limiting to Lower 48: Everglades without a boat in high mosquito season, mid-summer is bad. California Chaparall with an understory of poison oak and no trails also bad. I think the Olympi...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Miserable Environment: The Worst Conditions?
February 14, 1:23pm

Re: Re: Les Miserables
I have been practicing UL (base gear < 10 pounds for multi-day trips) in Alaska's less than temperate conditions since the 1980's, back when our summers were really wet and cold, includi...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Miserable Environment: The Worst Conditions?
February 14, 1:17pm

More on maps
I, too, live for Andrew Maher's "Map Breaks. " What I especially enjoy is the transition from imagining the landscape to realizing it, the difference between what I saw in my mind ...

In Philosophy & Technique » General Map ?'s
February 14, 1:09pm

Re: Dental Floss
I used the goretex floss to sew pieces of accessory straps as patches for holes in my shoes during the Arctic1000. None of the stitches wore through -- they held for the duration of the 500-700 km ...

In Multiple Use Gear » Dental Floss
February 14, 12:57pm

Re: Hello and Alaska footwear question
Jason, My advice would be to find an ankle height shoe/boot that feels good on your foot. Then next year (2008?) on your next trip to the Greatland step down even lower, to a low cut shoe. Do it...

In GEAR » Hello and Alaska footwear question
December 20, 7:10pm

Where do you put your cook pot?
Does anyone out there carry 1 gallon cook pots? If so how do you pack it? Some folks say you can judge the skill of a packer and the care they give their gear by the lack of dents or bends in th...

In Philosophy & Technique » How do you pack your pack?
December 18, 12:45pm

Re: hashing
Ahhh, I see. Thanks Richard. Roman

In Philosophy & Technique » specific Map question:
December 18, 12:36pm

Re: NO MAP?
Richard, Could you tell me more about Google Hashing? What is it? How's it done? Why do it? Sounds cool. Please, more....

In Philosophy & Technique » specific Map question:
December 17, 2:34pm

Re: Re: Reading and Writing
Roger, My notes are all on maps. Sometimes I am able to transcribe the notes to TOPO and keep them electronic. But usually they remain on the map....

In Philosophy & Technique » reading and writing on UL trips
December 17, 2:42am

One luxury
In my 20's toilet paper was my luxury item. In my 30's it was Q-tips. Now in my 40's? Novelty items......

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » One Luxury
December 16, 11:02pm

All Reader Reviews by Roman Dial

Roman Dial has posted no reviews.