Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Roger B (rogerb) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Here and there
About Me Mathematics and Teacher Educator been walking, on and off-track in many countries. My interest is in appreciating the outdoors, wherever I may be.
My Website URLhttp://www.nielsenbrownoutdoors.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Roger B

Showing 121 - 130 of 589 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...59

Forum » Thread

Re: Howabout silk shirts?
I have used silkshirts, and I assume it is the light colour that may make them bugfree, I would love to know more about silk shirts and bugs can you send me the finnish link?

In GEAR » Suggest me some UL mosquito proof shirt with long sleeves
March 04, 11:30am

Re: WTB: Trailstar
PM sent

In Gear Swap » WTB: Trailstar
March 03, 12:44am

Re: Trip Report: 2010 Teton Crest Expedition
Excellent video, love the music with it and such a diverse range of gear used, I would be interested in hearing about each hikers main gear items. Also intrigued by the trekking poles/non poles cho...

In Editor's Roundtable » Trip Report: 2010 Teton Crest Expedition
February 23, 11:37am

Re: Stuff sack: taut line hitch knot
This is why I am a BPL member, as it is often the simple ideas that make the most sense.

In Make Your Own Gear » Stuff sack: taut line hitch knot
February 22, 10:19am

Re: Vests?
Stephen I am not sure if this is what you are looking for but from earlier in this thread Richard says "The relative warmth between garment types within the same family (down or sy...

In GEAR » A New Paradigm for Understanding Garment Warmth
February 18, 4:11am

Re: So Roger won't say any more ...
Manfred jeg er fodt i Australia men jeg bor i Danmark that is I was born in Australia but now live in Denmark

In Chaff » Say it in another language
February 17, 11:47am

Re: hmm
yep

February 17, 11:27am

Re: trouble
jeg vil ikke sige mere

February 17, 11:20am

Re: Re: Say it in another language
So Marco loves his orange pyramid which he made himself while I say Jeg foretrækker gul pyramide og jeg bor i Danmark

February 17, 11:04am

Re: aluminum vs. titanium
I do not carry ti v stakes because the head distorts too easily

In GEAR » Tent Stakes
February 16, 8:38am

All Reader Reviews by Roger B

Showing 1 - 10 of 28 | Page: 1 2 3

Review

Category

Backpacking Light Ti Esbit stove
It took me a while to start using the stove but now it is the only stove I will use when traveling light. Its light weight coupled with the ability to use with many different pots makes this a stand o...

In Stoves - Other
September 19, 12:45pm

PossumDown Gloves (BPL Gear Shop)
In fact these gloves are so good I always "baby" them a bit, even though it is unnecessary. The gloves work well in cooler and wet weather and I use them with trekking poles in cooler condit...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
January 25, 10:31am

Mountain Laurel Designs Grace Solo .97 Spinntex
This tarp is an example of the MLD teams great workmanship coupled with excellent design. Kevin has already described the tarp correctly, so all it is left for me to say is that it is a great piece...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
January 25, 9:58am

BackpackingLight.com
When it came to the need to change the delivery address from local to international for an impending delivery, there was no fuss. After a couple of emails the address was changed and the products arri...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
July 16, 12:50pm

C and C Outdoors
Yes I had hoped for a great deal on their Integral designs equipment, but in the end I gave up and went elsehwere (and paid more). I wanted the gear, not the stories,

January 24, 4:27pm

Pentax Optio WP
The Optio WP is always in my pocket on a trip. Its lightweight and reliability ensures that I get every photo I want. Coupled with a gorilla pod it enables me to extend the range of light in which I c...

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
January 17, 6:45pm

Jolt Gum
For me the taste is non descript, maybe my taste buds have suffered from the coffee I drink in the Bodegas in NY. I use jolt in the afternoons when I am beginning to lose concentration, and am begi...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
December 12, 6:56pm

Patagonia Micro Puff Pullover
My micropuff is my go to Pullover and coupled with my possum fur vest has provided me with warmth and comfort into the teens. Additionally it packs small.

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
December 09, 7:02pm

Rainy Pass (Gear Repair)
Whilst many of the readers of the site are very adept at repairing and making their own gear there are some who are not. I am one of them. As a consequence I have used Rainy Pass on 2 occasions, one t...

December 01, 7:36pm

IBEX Wool Liner Gloves
Light, warm and solid. These are the gloves I use when it is cold and windy, they are ideally suited for use with trekking poles and even when they are damp, they help to keep your hands warm. In s...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
December 01, 7:16pm