BPL Community Profile

Randy Nelson (rlnunix) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Rockies
About Me Randy Nelson has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Randy Nelson

Showing 121 - 130 of 649 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...65

Forum » Thread

Scale
This cheapy has worked great for me for 3 years now. I'm very happy with it. And the cost. http://www.harborfreight.com/digital-scale-95364.html There's a store in Westminster. You ca...

In GEAR » Recommend a Good Scale
July 25, 10:48am

Re:"Why I am on BPL this holiday and weekend"
That sucks Nick. Based on your posts, you really used that pop up a lot. I hope your insurance comes through.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why I am on BPL this holiday and weekend
July 05, 10:48pm

Re: "Anybody not Seam Seal their silnylon shelters?"
"Not seam sealing is for the lazy folk." I guess that makes Jerry the first lazy MYOG'er. :)

In GEAR » Anybody not Seam Seal their silnylon shelters?
July 05, 10:46pm

Re: "Randall Udall is missing on a hike"
"Maybe he died suddenly regardless of where he was, so he wouldn't have been able to say goodbye to people anyway." It looks like he did. I hope I do too. Just not for 30 years or ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Randall Udall is missing on a hike
July 04, 2:34pm

"I don't know. I mean, I'd be dead so I wouldn't care, but I think for my family's sake I'd rather die somewhere where they could say goodbye properly and not have to deal ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Randall Udall is missing on a hike
July 04, 2:30pm

"The body of the 61-year-old Carbondale resident was found at 10,700 feet, his poles still in his hand" Seems reminiscent of a cowboy dying with his boots on. We all have to go som...

July 04, 12:43pm

Re: maps
My wife is really directionally challenged. When portable GPS units for cars came out I got her one for Christmas. I told her it was the first present I'd ever given someone that was actually f...

In Philosophy & Technique » Ultralight and the 10 Essentials
July 04, 11:18am

Spot
My SPOT has been pretty darn good at getting message out. I've had 2 fail to get out in 4 years. I don't use tracking but I'm starting to consider it based on some comments here. Al...

In GEAR » Personal Locator Beacons...
July 03, 5:28pm

TT
If you get the Hogback you could all sleep diagonally and have lots of length. I had an RS2 and loved it but I'm not tall. And with the reasonably dry weather in Colorado and the excellent vent...

In GEAR » Shelter Help - death of an old companion
July 03, 3:45pm

TJs
Hey! No taunting the Trader Joe-less! We're finally getting 2 in Colorado, 1 in Denver and 1 in Boulder. Because or of our bizarre liquor laws, only 1 will sell alcohol. I haven't heard any...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Going Stoveless - Cold Food for Thought
July 02, 4:05pm

All Reader Reviews by Randy Nelson

Randy Nelson has posted no reviews.