BPL Community Profile

Richard Nisley (richard295) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me My outdoor hobbies include hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, kayaking, snow shoeing, skiing, fishing, and hunting. I enjoy continuously refining my equipment and techniques with the emphasis on less weight and volume.
CitySan Carlos
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListProtocol B Aging Chart Source Detail

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Nisley

Showing 121 - 130 of 1531 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...154

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: WPB jackets and fragility
David Chenault's major reservation with his highly rated Rab Pulse Jacket was the kinked water repellent zipper. The one I received was also kinked. When I looked at the garment care symbols, I...

In GEAR » W/B jackets and fragility
June 06, 12:17am

Marmot Trail Wind Hoody Air Permeability
Yes, Outdoor Gear Lab tried it. The Outdoor Gear Lab aerobic field tests indicated that the Marmot Trail Wind Hoody did not breathe as well (OGL 7 rating) as either the 2013 Squamish (OGL 8 rat...

In GEAR » 2013 Spring Patagonia Houdini Pants / Jacket
June 05, 11:49pm

PFD Experience
Dan, Based on your most recent flathead swim experience, are you still comfortable with 5lbs PFD floatation for pack rafting cold water rivers?

In Post-Trip Reports » BMWO 2013 - Another Year of Swimming in the Flathead
May 30, 11:33pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Arcteryx Squamish Gossamera Fabric
Nathan,

May 27, 7:29pm

Re: TGO Challenge 2013 – Crossing Scotland from the Atlantic to the North Sea
Manfred, Thank you for a GREAT trip report!

In Post-Trip Reports » TGO Challenge 2013 – Crossing Scotland from the Atlantic to the North Sea
May 27, 4:18pm

Re: Re: Arcteryx Squamish Gossamera Fabric
Gossamera is still produced and they still use it for the face fabric of jackets like the Atom SV Hoody.

May 27, 12:10pm

Re: Montbell Tachyon
Jackuchu, I have not tested a Montbell Tachyon but, I have tested the SAME APPARENT Montbell 7 denier ballistic rip stop used in their EX Light. It tested 9.72 CFM.

May 27, 10:38am

Arcteryx Squamish Gossamera Fabric
The Arcteryx fabric that had exceptionally high breathability (101 CFM) was Gossamera. It was available from 2007 - 2008 uncoated (according to the Arcteryx Shop Manuals). They have coated the Goss...

May 27, 10:09am

Re: Mountain Hardwear Ghost Whisperer windshirt
David, I haven't tested the breathability of this wind shirt but I know it is less than 10 CFM. The Whisperer 7Dx10D rip-stop nylon is used for both the MH wind-shirt and down jacket. In ...

May 25, 2:57pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: re: Houdini alternates
Brian, I agree that the weave appears identical in most views. The interstice micrograph indicates the only difference is in increased tension for the 2013 Houdini's vertically oriented rip-...

May 25, 1:56pm

All Reader Reviews by Richard Nisley

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
I went back to the Midwest, this month, for a family reunion and fishing trip. I took my fire steel with me. My two nephews are 10 and 12 and they love to fish. The 12 year old asked me if I would tea...

In Cookware - Other
July 21, 1:37pm

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
My piezo failed after a couple of days. It took one second to fix it by bending down the ignitor rod to make a slightly smaller gap (1/8" smaller). I then used it in Alaska for 1 1/2 months twice a da...

In Stoves - Canister
August 25, 5:17pm