Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Richard Nisley (richard295) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me My outdoor hobbies include hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, kayaking, snow shoeing, skiing, fishing, and hunting. I enjoy continuously refining my equipment and techniques with the emphasis on less weight and volume.
CitySan Carlos
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListProtocol B Aging Chart Source Detail

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Nisley

Showing 121 - 130 of 1580 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...158

Forum » Thread

Re: Interesting from Patagonia re CFM: "No Higher than 15 CFM for Shells."
Delmar, It could have been FUD and obfuscation to thwart competition or a change in plans. That marketing presentation is more than 8 years old and their competitors were marketing Polartec Wind...

In GEAR » Alpine Houdini
January 04, 8:50pm

Re: Winter mid
Tjaard, I think you did a good job of summarizing the pros/cons of conventional winter mids with and without an inner. There is an additional mid option that you didn't mention. I use an Epi...

In Winter Hiking » Winter mid
January 04, 12:34pm

Spirometer Calibration Using NisCofFil?
Delmar, I did a Google Shopping search to determine what brand of coffee filter was most commonly listed; it was Bunn. I ordered some Bunn filters to test in addition to the Trader Joe house...

In GEAR » Alpine Houdini
January 03, 6:36pm

Spring 2014 Alpine Houdini & An Easy Way to Find Good Alternatives
Sean, Thank you for your post. After reading it, I chatted with Patagonia CS (Lupe) in an attempt to understand how Patagonia is positioning this 2014 Houdini Alpine which they call a "jack...

In GEAR » Alpine Houdini
January 03, 12:28pm

Re: Do these CLO values look right to you?
Delmar, iClo is the intrinsic measurement of the insulation only at its areal density. Clo and iClo measurements are the same for sleeping bags because the insulation covers ~100% of a person...

In GEAR » Do these CLO values look right to you?
December 30, 11:01am

Re: Re: Re: BPL Cocoon Hoody Replacement ?
Brad, Yes to the differences you described between the 2009 and 2010 Cocoon models.

In GEAR » BPL Cocoon Hoody Replacement ?
December 26, 8:53pm

Re: BPL Cocoon Hoody Replacement ?
Greg, The original 2009 Cocoon was 1.36 Iclo. The fall 2010 Cocoon was 2.02 Iclo. A comparable weight/function jacket is the Rab Xenon @ 1.51 Iclo.

In GEAR » BPL Cocoon Hoody Replacement ?
December 26, 12:16pm

Re: Re: Re: Lab Test - Zpacks Waterproof Breathable Event Fabric
John, I was incorrect when I said, "the fabrication sandwich which is made up of two WPB layers {eVENT} each with a thickness of .027 mm sandwiched between a Dyneema" I will update the...

In GEAR » Lab Test - Zpacks Waterproof Breathable Event Fabric
December 19, 9:45pm

Lab Test - Zpacks Waterproof Breathable Cuben & Event Fabric
After a 1 1/2 month adventure trip I returned yesterday to find the WPB Cuben I ordered from Zpacks in my mail. Out of curiosity, I tested it even before even unpacking. The executive summary i...

In GEAR » Lab Test - Zpacks Waterproof Breathable Event Fabric
December 19, 7:19pm

Re: Yeti Torre II
-10F for standing thermo neural temp during photography. As Rick stated the rating assumes shelter from the wind.

In GEAR » Warm downjacket for the "waiting time" (photographer)
December 05, 5:44pm

All Reader Reviews by Richard Nisley

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
I went back to the Midwest, this month, for a family reunion and fishing trip. I took my fire steel with me. My two nephews are 10 and 12 and they love to fish. The 12 year old asked me if I would tea...

In Cookware - Other
July 21, 1:37pm

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
My piezo failed after a couple of days. It took one second to fix it by bending down the ignitor rod to make a slightly smaller gap (1/8" smaller). I then used it in Alaska for 1 1/2 months twice a da...

In Stoves - Canister
August 25, 5:17pm