BPL Community Profile

Richard Sullivan (richard.s) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Supernatural BC
About Me Richard Sullivan has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Sullivan

Showing 121 - 124 of 124 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Forum » Thread

Re: Headlamp of the Future?
The ideal headlamp at present seems to be the PT Yukon HL, but it's a bit heavy at 8 oz (~7 oz with lithiums). I am curious about the performance rating of the BD Zenix in the review. It could p...

In Editor's Roundtable » LED Lights
December 22, 10:15pm

Re: Aurora criticisms, etc.
One of my local retailers reports that he no longer carries the Aurora due to numerous switch failures. Anybody else hear of this?

December 22, 9:41pm

Re: Headlamp of the Future?
Ryan - do you have the first generation Gemini with the single LED? Do you have any idea how the short range flood brightness of the single-LED model compares with that of the new dual-LED model?

December 16, 11:09pm

Black Diamond
My first generation BD Moonlight has developed the broken cord syndrome. BD reports that this is a known defect with early Moonlight and Gemini models, but are now equipped with beefier cords. Reta...

December 16, 11:05pm

All Reader Reviews by Richard Sullivan

Showing 1 - 7 of 7 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Equipment Co-op (Canada)
I totally agree with the reviewers above. MEC is now the REI of Canada, but greener I think. You can buy all the heavy gear you want and return it for whatever reason, and most of the profit goes to e...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 01, 11:34pm

Big Agnes Insulated Air Core Pad
With 25 reviews already, not much more to say except to add a few comments. Certainly interesting that in terms of the sheer number of reviews and the high average score, this is a very popular produc...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
February 01, 10:56pm

Petzl e+LITE
This light is real beauty. At one ounce even, it's kinda like having a one pound sleeping bag. This is clearly the Western Mountaineering Hilite of headlights. Not perfect, but perfectly good and ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
February 01, 9:38pm

Osprey Atmos 50
I'm with you Brett, I always carry some good wine in my Atmos 50, usually a Fetzer Zinfandel. I also carry some single malt scotch in case the temps go lower than my bag rating. Anyway, the Atm...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
February 01, 9:07pm

Osprey Packs Customer Service
Unfortunately a beach dwelling rodent totally destroyed the top pocket of my Osprey Atmos 50 pack. Boy, was I mad. Later I made peace with him: after all I was camped in his home. Later that year I in...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 01, 8:37pm

Big Sky Products Evolution 2P
At 0 lb 0 oz, the Big Sky Evolution is unquestionably the worlds lightest tent. How can they make this tent so light? Simple. They don't use any fabric or notions. Just air and promises. And to make i...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
June 28, 9:47pm

Big Sky Products Evolution 2P
At 0 lb 0 oz, the Big Sky Evolution is unquestionably the worlds lightest tent. How can they make this tent so light? Simple. They don't use any fabric or notions. Just air and promises. And to make i...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
June 28, 7:46am