BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 121 - 130 of 6467 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...647

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re Re School Spending
Schools don't use computers very good Like kahnacademy.org has these courses. Each student goes at own pace. Students get bored in class all doing the same thing. I don't think esta...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Perils of stealth camping, hiking, or even jogging in the US
April 06, 10:29pm

Re: Re: Re Re School Spending
School spending has doubled in the last 25 years. Test scores have dropped. We're wasting our money and should do away with public education. etc. etc.... There's another interpretatio...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Perils of stealth camping, hiking, or even jogging in the US
April 06, 10:22pm

Re: gums not present
baking powder has baking soda and acid cream of tartar is a powdered acid for food

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » 1st attempt at making biscuits for the trail
April 06, 5:24pm

Squeeze thread size and Platypus
I was going to replace my Platypus 4 liter bag, but they didn't have it at my REI so I got 3 liter hoser. I use 1 liter soda bottle for my Squeeze so this totals 4 liters which is what I want....

In GEAR » Sawyer Mini and Platypus Drink Big Zip
April 06, 8:47am

Re: School Spending?
"I know this is off topic but on average spending per student in the U.S. has increased year after year with 2000-2010 spending more than 1990-2000 and 1990-2000 spending more than 1980-1990 a...

April 05, 9:05pm

Re: Why wouldn't this work?
http://www.amazon.com/Chromo-Inc-2200mAh-Lipstick-External/dp/B00AEBEBHS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1396735653&sr=8-2&keywords=lipstick+usb 2200mAh, 5 Volt, 0.8 amp, 2.7 oz, USB output, ...

In GEAR » Battery charger pack specs comparison!
April 05, 4:15pm

Re: New allergy.....to tick bites.
That happens to some people with poison oak or bee stings. Anti-histamine? Bee-sting sensitive people can have to take a shot of (epinepherine?). Have to carry the pen around with them all t...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New allergy.....to tick bites.
April 05, 9:34am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: More militarization
Some people might find the lack of drama between Tom and Ian to be not entertaining : ) I don't think you can shoot someone in the leg to injure them. Too small a target. Only on TV... ...

In Chaff » Weekend of protests going bad and more violence...
April 05, 9:27am

Re: Re: the ultimate ultralight shelter?
REI had a version with a snorkel option to reduce condensation

In Chaff » the ultimate ultralight shelter?
April 05, 9:17am

TED Monopoly experiment
TED radio hour did this story http://www.ted.com/talks/paul_piff_does_money_make_you_mean They did this psychology experiment all over the U.S. They had people play Monopoly. They rigged it ...

In Chaff » The GOP (The Party For The Unstable) Hate National Parks Too
April 05, 9:11am

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.