Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 121 - 130 of 8769 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...877

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Could we please add a new Forum for the The Natural World, for discussion of flora, fauna, geology?
will you wash it first?

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Could we please add a new Forum for the The Natural World, for discussion of flora, fauna, geology?
April 29, 7:47am

Re: Re: container for white gas?
"A half tank of acetone will clear any varnish left over from burning auto gas." Sorry - thread drift I wonder if that would fix a gas generator that's gummed up from leaving ga...

In GEAR » container for white gas?
April 28, 11:08am

Re: App
that sounds like Nerts might work with something like bridge maybe you need full sized cards for the full experience

In GEAR » Looking for Mini Playing cards that are decent quality
April 28, 9:45am

Re: App
If you had an app to play Egyptian ratscrew, it would work? Would each person need a smart phone? If you didn't have enough human players, you could have bot players? It wouldn't let you...

April 28, 9:08am

Re: Looking for Mini Playing cards that are decent quality
There must be some smart phone app? That wouldn't weigh anything extra if you carried phone anyway.

April 28, 8:56am

Re: container for white gas?
http://www.rei.com/product/783962/msr-fuel-bottle-with-crp-cap-11-fl-oz#tab-specs weighs 3 ounces. 11 ounces of fuel. Or 5 ounces for 20 ounces of fuel. 7 ounces for 30 ounces of fuel. That&#...

In GEAR » container for white gas?
April 28, 8:54am

Re: Re: no brainer
"Yes, Obama hasn't answered a single letter in 7 years. Maybe I'll send a nice letter and see if that works." maybe if you emailed him I get emails from him all the time

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Could we please add a new Forum for the The Natural World, for discussion of flora, fauna, geology?
April 28, 8:01am

Re: Shoe Goo and Other Sealants
I thought it was urethane. I thought I read it on a package. from http://eclecticproducts.com/downloads/sds-shoegoo-clear-english.pdf they say it's Styrene Butadiene Copolymer, which I don&...

In Make Your Own Gear » Seam seal mix
April 27, 7:00pm

Re: "Valley Uprising"
I think "nanny state" is a Karl Rove/Focus group tested phrase to get people to vote against their own interests. Government does some good things and some bad things. I wish they...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Valley Uprising
April 27, 11:06am

Re: Re: Re: "Valley Uprising"
I never said I thought free soloing should be prevented by the police/nanny state, just that seeing it makes my stomach turn : ) and it seems pretty dangerous. I think motor cycle riding is act...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Valley Uprising
April 27, 8:37am

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.