Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 121 - 130 of 9175 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...918

Forum » Thread

Trump vs Sanders
July 12 Meet The Press http://www.nbc.com/meet-the-press/video/meet-the-press-july-12-2015/2878848?onid=210121#vc210121=1 for example the showed old video over the last 30 years of Bernie Sander...

In Chaff » Trump coming to Phoenix
July 12, 5:11pm

Re: Re: Those people
"No, history has shown that identifying a villain and convincing the public of how that villain is a threat to our national identity" you can't have a super-hero without a super-vi...

July 12, 1:25pm

Re: Re: "Trump coming to Phoenix"
"He said that what you end up with can often be worse than what you started with in the first place" That is very insightful Drugs has a lot to do with violence. Maybe we should ma...

July 12, 9:00am

Re: Re: Re: Re: California Fire Permit
so, there must be times when even canister stoves are prohibited?

In Pre-Trip Planning » California Fire Permit
July 12, 8:51am

Re: "Trump coming to Phoenix"
https://www.yahoo.com/tv/david-letterman-donald-trump-video-top-10-123840080205.html David Letterman out of retirement to read Trump top 10 list "told the cheering crowd that as soon as ...

July 12, 8:13am

Re: Re: While I was gone....
I wonder what would happen if you slept out there overnight? Probably the Mountain Lion would just walk around you?

In Photography » Got my mountain lion pictures!!! I did it!!
July 11, 4:03pm

Georgia
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/06/georgia-immigration-law_n_3554714.html Georgia passed law against illegal immigrants "Immediately after the laws were passed, farmers in both sta...

July 11, 9:21am

Re: Can the GOP Sink Any Lower? Yes It Can!!
I noticed that Trump has referenced Fox News as confirmation that what Trump said was true I think that's the only remaining entertainment organization willing to deal with him

In Chaff » Can the GOP Sink Any Lower? Yes It Can!!
July 11, 8:02am

Re: Re: The most boring and annoying store in Portland is Snow Peak
I didn't even know there was a Snow Peak store I'll have to go check it out...

In GEAR » The most boring and annoying store in Portland is Snow Peak
July 11, 7:52am

Re: Rally the base
The best part of his quote was "And some, I assume, are good people!" so he's just barely acknowledging that maybe they're not all rapists and drug criminals

In Chaff » Can the GOP Sink Any Lower? Yes It Can!!
July 10, 9:45pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.