Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 121 - 130 of 8985 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...899

Forum » Thread

: re: starbucks
ahhh... there's a cat in my pants... that makes perfect sense...

In Chaff » HTFU
June 16, 8:10am

Re: Re: Starbucks
my pants have many cats

In Chaff » HTFU
June 15, 7:51pm

Re: Paint 'em
I used spray can of red enamel I just happened to have around. After a while, enough paint gets scraped off it starts losing it's visibility so I'll just paint again.

In GEAR » Best tent stake for Cascades/PNW
June 15, 7:34pm

Re: Best tent stake for Cascades/PNW
I use Ti shepard hooks I have one steel stake. Sometimes I'll use it to make a hole, then pull it out and put in a Ti shepard hook. Steel weighs twice as much but it's stronger. And...

In GEAR » Best tent stake for Cascades/PNW
June 15, 6:25pm

Re: REI Return Policy - Abuse of policy or not?
Take it to REI, tell them you used it but it's too heavy, ask them if they'll refund your money.

In Chaff » REI Return Policy - Abuse of policy or not?
June 15, 9:31am

Re: GENERALLY vs ABSOLUTELY
In my limited experience (not at BG level : ) the problem with 6 ounce jacket is that there's no lining, so the membrane absorbs body oil, delaminates, which loses it's waterproofness. The...

In GEAR » Lightest & Best 3 Layer Rain Jacket?
June 15, 8:31am

Re: Re: test2

In User Test Forum » test2
June 14, 10:07pm

Re: Re.
c'mon Ben, I appreciate your comments : )

In Chaff » Survey Points to Challenges NATO Faces Over Russia
June 14, 9:04pm

Re: Re: Maybe
I appreciate Peter's perspective because he's actually there, as opposed to me that watches PBS and searches the internets I totally agree with your concern, Kat, that we will use our mi...

June 14, 3:55pm

Re: Maybe
Kat is passionate, that's okay, if I can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen : ) CNBC is independent from PBS, as is the Financial Times and Spiegel One thing about CNBC, FT, and...

June 14, 1:22pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.