BPL Community Profile

Lyan Jordan (redmonk) - BPL Guest

My Locale Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem
About Me Constantly pushing the envelope on UL lifestyle. Over the last few years, I have saved a ton of weight by replacing my old gear with innovative new materials woven from hollow words, broken contracts, and empty promises.
CityBozeman
StateMT
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.promisemoredelivernothing.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Lyan Jordan

Showing 121 - 130 of 971 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...98

Forum » Thread

Star Trails
For stars trails, maybe open the aperture to whatever your camera has between 4-6, use a shutter release or a timer to start the shot. Try 24,48,and 96 minute exposures for trails, ISO50-100, mayb...

In Photography » Star Trails
May 28, 1:41pm

Maximalist shoes
I tried the minimalist thing, and it was comfortable, but slow. I'm on my fourth pair of hoka one one maximalist shoes. The low drop, ability to use a natural walking gait, not have to wor...

In GEAR » Maximalist shoes
May 28, 11:05am

Hydropel being discontinued?!
I started with a store brand cracked skin cream that had some PJ, emulsifiers and silicone in it, that's probably the difference.

In GEAR » Hydropel being discontinued?!
May 27, 7:10pm

Backcountry Growlers, Beer
Some coffee shops sell by the half and full gallon in collapsible jugs inside of a cardboard box. These work well for transporting beer and serving too.

In GEAR » Backcountry Growlers, Beer!
May 26, 9:38am

Hydropel being discontinued?!
I just read the ingredients and made my own. Works great.

In GEAR » Hydropel being discontinued?!
May 26, 7:00am

Backcountry Growlers, Beer!
Soda bottle+carbonator cap== backcountry growler. Homebrewers have already solved portable beer.

In GEAR » Backcountry Growlers, Beer!
May 26, 6:57am

Solution
I believe the solution is simple. Make support tickets cost Money. Put money in escrow until ticket resolved. Voila, incentive to care about customer requests ! --G.B.--

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Request for username change
May 24, 1:19pm

The SUL Wanderer (Video Series) - Episode 1: Gear
I think, like never carrying bear cans, going with a hatchet instead of stove and fuel is location dependent SUL technique. I don't know that some of my favorite areas could support mass a...

In Editor's Roundtable » The SUL Wanderer (Video Series) - Episode 1: Gear
May 22, 1:56pm

Don't squash my carefully formatted tables
BPLhasancientsoftware. I don'tthinkchange herehappensbyrequest. goodluck! --G.B.--

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Don't squash my carefully formatted tables
May 21, 12:15pm

The Case Against Wood Fires
Hopefully people read this and understand the seriousness of the situation. Wood fires, power plants, cars, and our entire culture of carcinogenic pollution is the problem. I don't think an...

In Philosophy & Technique » The Case Against Wood Fires
May 21, 8:01am

All Reader Reviews by Lyan Jordan

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Absaroka
Great pack. Smallish, but fits a bearikade expedition. I used it on a JMT thru, and it carried great with 30# in it. Comfortable. Carries on the hips, not much should pressure at all. Would wo...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
October 16, 10:25am