BPL Community Profile

Ryan C (radio_guy) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Alaska
About Me Ryan C has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListZion Traverse 2013

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan C

Showing 121 - 130 of 513 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...52

Forum » Thread

Cheap Synthetic Puffy!
Got one. As Eric described, mine weighs 17oz in medium. I would also agree that the insulation is probably in the 80g/m+ range. Much warmer than my Thermawrap, good down to about freezing with ...

In GEAR » lightweight frost free jackets at old navy $29??
December 22, 9:53pm

Warranty Replacement Options
POE offered to replace it with one of their much heavier Adventurer series pads. I inquired and may be able to get the last Peak Oyl Elite Uber they have. It should still be useful as it is very si...

In GEAR » My frustrating times with the Pacific Outdoor Equipment Peak AC
December 22, 7:48pm

Free Bump
I would jump all over this but already got an Apache earlier this year! For only 3oz more than an Ultralight, the Apache has the better Microfiber shell and is 5 degrees warmer. Good bag for a good...

In Gear Swap » FS: WM Apache 15 degree 6' Left Zip NEW
December 21, 10:37pm

Replacement options...
Given they would apply a credit of $79.99 for a replacement pad, what would others here consider replacing their busted Peak Elite AC with? I put in a request for a Peak Oyl Elite or Mountain p...

December 20, 10:58pm

VHF Radio options
On the topic of two-way radios for those interested: My experience has been that VHF is more reliable than UHF in the mountains, even on the Amateur Radio bands (yes, I have a license). My su...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Backcountry Sat. Phone or SPOT
December 20, 7:53pm

Re: Solo Tent Feedback Request
Most of the time I use my Tarptent Moment. Simple and very quick to put up, full bug and weather protection, a bathtub floor to keep me and my gear dry in a monsoon, and it is lighter than a regula...

In GEAR » Solo Tent Feedback Request
December 20, 7:17pm

POE?
@Ben: The text above is the exact email they sent. @Dustin: My pad was returned to Pacific Outdoor Equipment in Montana, not a retailer. I did get an RMA number via email from them. @Konrad:...

December 20, 4:05pm

Re: Murmur Christmas Present (Damm it
My new gear is being kept hostage until Christmas as well but I need to use it NOW! Some of it has been used before I had to "surrender" it though.

In GEAR » Murmur Christmas Present (Damm it
December 20, 9:45am

Why can't I get a replacement pad like the rest of you?
Sent my POE Peak Elite AC in a few weeks ago with an RMA number. Got an email from Josh one week ago that they would replace it with a new one but would not have a shipment until mid-January. I rep...

December 19, 7:38pm

Summerlite?
Surprised no one has mentioned the WM Summerlite at 19oz. Personally I think the baffled construction and full length zipper are worth the extra few ounces over a Highlite. It is my go-to bag for a...

In GEAR » 30~35F superlight sleeping bag options
December 19, 7:14pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan C

Ryan C has posted no reviews.