BPL Community Profile

Ryan C (radio_guy) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Alaska
About Me Ryan C has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListZion Traverse 2013

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan C

Showing 121 - 130 of 511 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...52

Forum » Thread

Free Bump
I would jump all over this but already got an Apache earlier this year! For only 3oz more than an Ultralight, the Apache has the better Microfiber shell and is 5 degrees warmer. Good bag for a good...

In Gear Swap » FS: WM Apache 15 degree 6' Left Zip NEW
December 21, 10:37pm

Replacement options...
Given they would apply a credit of $79.99 for a replacement pad, what would others here consider replacing their busted Peak Elite AC with? I put in a request for a Peak Oyl Elite or Mountain p...

In GEAR » My frustrating times with the Pacific Outdoor Equipment Peak AC
December 20, 10:58pm

VHF Radio options
On the topic of two-way radios for those interested: My experience has been that VHF is more reliable than UHF in the mountains, even on the Amateur Radio bands (yes, I have a license). My su...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Backcountry Sat. Phone or SPOT
December 20, 7:53pm

Re: Solo Tent Feedback Request
Most of the time I use my Tarptent Moment. Simple and very quick to put up, full bug and weather protection, a bathtub floor to keep me and my gear dry in a monsoon, and it is lighter than a regula...

In GEAR » Solo Tent Feedback Request
December 20, 7:17pm

POE?
@Ben: The text above is the exact email they sent. @Dustin: My pad was returned to Pacific Outdoor Equipment in Montana, not a retailer. I did get an RMA number via email from them. @Konrad:...

December 20, 4:05pm

Re: Murmur Christmas Present (Damm it
My new gear is being kept hostage until Christmas as well but I need to use it NOW! Some of it has been used before I had to "surrender" it though.

In GEAR » Murmur Christmas Present (Damm it
December 20, 9:45am

Why can't I get a replacement pad like the rest of you?
Sent my POE Peak Elite AC in a few weeks ago with an RMA number. Got an email from Josh one week ago that they would replace it with a new one but would not have a shipment until mid-January. I rep...

December 19, 7:38pm

Summerlite?
Surprised no one has mentioned the WM Summerlite at 19oz. Personally I think the baffled construction and full length zipper are worth the extra few ounces over a Highlite. It is my go-to bag for a...

In GEAR » 30~35F superlight sleeping bag options
December 19, 7:14pm

Re: Re wm
"If the down can move, the baffles are underfilled." The baffles on my WM bags don't seem too underfilled but they are continually baffled to move the down from the bottom undersid...

In GEAR » CT, WM sleeping bag dilemma
December 17, 10:30am

Re: What is your winter weight?
I have come to the conclusion that I can skimp on warm weather trips and live but don't care how much I have to carry in winter to stay alive and have fun. With the way things are going, my bas...

In Winter Hiking » What is your winter weight?
December 13, 2:15pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan C

Ryan C has posted no reviews.