BPL Community Profile

larry savage (pyeyo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale pacific northwest
About Me aging 4 season mountain bum,if I'm not here I'm out there.
CityWenatchee
StateWashington
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by larry savage

Showing 121 - 130 of 743 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...75

Forum » Thread

touring
If you tour on light cycling products and carry anything heavier then a credit card you will get to meet me or any other of a bunch of skilled fellows with torch and tig or Craig Calfee's carbo...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » Bicycle Touring
October 08, 10:02pm

fundamentals
How about sneaking in a basic mountaneering class to learn some fundamentals so we don't wind up sticking a point doing a self arrest or gashing open a way to expensive pair of trousers with a ...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Beginner advice - Socal mtns in winter and Whitney
October 08, 8:21pm

trader joe's valencia peannut butter
Trader Joe's Valencia peanut butter with roasted flaxseeds is really pretty decent. Though it requires refrigeration after opening it makes it for a few days in the pack. Gerry tubes are availa...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Peanut butter lovers - what do you carry it in
October 08, 8:05pm

red pepper flakes
I believe Panda Express has little packets of red pepper flakes. Mickey Dee's strawberry jam packs have found their wayinto my pack.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Best Free Stuff?
October 08, 7:58pm

inflammation
Though the original thread dealt with aches and pains my use of NSAIDs was for inflammation affecting my range of motion. I was pain free right up to last winter when I went skate skiing, this was ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Aleve vs Ibuprofin
July 25, 8:45pm

straw beach mat on closed cell foam
I have used a straw beach mat on closed cell foam, it will leave you with a rattan tattoo for a bit and you need to use a new one, my old one broke down pretty quickly. I would add the old "t...

In GEAR » Straw beach mat
July 25, 9:07am

Don't you just love threads about medicine
Don't you just love threads covering medicine whether for anti-inflammatory, analgesic, or even sleep aids. Putting aside the idea that perhaps our society in general doses up a little too rea...

July 25, 8:39am

always start in Canada
I always start my hikes in British Columbia where I grab some codiene and tylenol over the counter and just start adding it to my treated water. With the additional caffiene you are guranteed to be...

July 22, 5:06pm

link to gannett peak
http://www.summitpost.org/mountain/rock/150362/gannett-peak.html Everyone's experience levels differ and everyone's ability to climb solo differs. Read the climber's log attached to ...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Gannett Peak, WY
July 17, 10:40pm

just a correction
The poem on the plaque is no longer in Ice House Canyon but with the family of the man who wrote it. He wasn't vision impaired but hearing impaired from a childhood bout of measles. A friendl...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Looking for a hike recomendation in San Gabriels
July 17, 10:28pm

All Reader Reviews by larry savage

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

five ten camp four
The five ten camp four shoe fits into the approach shoe category, a little heavier then a trail runner the camp four excels at getting you there then holding it's own as a climbing shoe. Internal...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
May 27, 10:28am

Stanley Titanium Helios Ice Axe
I've been using a helios ice axe since mid-winter. This is an all titanium tool, the only one I think is available since the Ushba has gone away. Made by Jim Stanley with a 6-4 ti head and a 3-2...

In Climbing Gear & Accessories
May 24, 11:04pm

clif shot bloks/jelly belly sport beans various flavors
2 different products from 2 different makers aimed at providing some carbs/electrolytes and fruit flavors on hikes and multiday trips. Clif Shot Bloks are soft [rubbery] organic rice syrup cubes that...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
May 08, 10:50pm

exposure joystick
Born into the world of endurance and mtn. bike racing the joystick crosses over nicely for weekend or longer [w/solar charger] wilderness trips. At 85 gms. it is a few grams lighter then a surefire e...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
April 29, 12:37pm