BPL Community Profile

Nate Powell (powell1nj) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale North Carolina
About Me Nate Powell has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListFoothills Trail Gearlist - March 28 - April 1, 2012

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nate Powell

Showing 121 - 130 of 167 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Forum » Thread

Update
Isaac, So I've got my maps out here. Unfortunately they're not doing much to help me with remembering the exacts routes I've taken. So, I can't do much for specific trail reco...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Joyce-kilmer/slickrock wilderness, Nantahala National Forest , Cherokee National Forest
May 10, 8:27am

Wow
I hadn't heard of this until now. I agree with you Travis... I hope it's tasty. So much for high-mileage days... :)

In Chaff » Pat's Backcountry Beer
May 05, 8:28pm

Re: thanks
Isaac, I think I need to take a look at my maps before I can answer these questions. I think I may be using some names for things that are confusing. If I remember correctly, there is the Joy...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Joyce-kilmer/slickrock wilderness, Nantahala National Forest , Cherokee National Forest
May 05, 11:56am

NC
Isaac, I can't say much about GSMNP as I haven't hiked there all that much, but I can tell you that Joyce Kilmer is an amazing area. I used to go there often in 2007 and I never had tr...

May 05, 10:22am

Luxury Item
Since I can't really sleep on CCF I don't consider my Prolite 4 a luxury item :) However, if there's any chance of picking up a decent radio station I bring my Grundig M400 pocket radi...

In GEAR » What is YOUR luxury item
May 05, 6:13am

Nice
Peter, Glad you enjoyed your trip. I've done the Jordan River loop a couple of times and always loved it. Did you happen upon any morels? I was up there last year in the beginning of May...

In Post-Trip Reports » Jordan River Pathway
May 04, 7:13am

Inov-8 for high arches?
So I keep hearing about the wonders of Inov-8 trail runners. I'd love to check some out but I have fairly high arches which has given me trouble with my IT bands in the past. Anyone care to c...

In GEAR » Inov-8 for high arches?
May 02, 6:21pm

Fair Enough
Guess I could've figured that one out :) No, really, I swear I'm a sharp guy...

In GEAR » Platypus drinking tubes with Fungus-Mold
April 28, 4:36pm

Bleach smell/taste
Any of you that use a bleach/water solution for cleaning care to comment on how you get rid of a bleach/smell taste? I've been hesitant to clean mine that way for this reason. Is it even an is...

In GEAR » Platypus drinking tubes with Fungus-Mold
April 28, 2:22pm

Squeeze Tubes
Brian, I wish I could remember better the last one I used. When I said small I was thinking in comparison to the big family size lunker that I usually buy for the house (40oz jar). I'm gu...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Carrying Peanut Butter
April 26, 9:28pm

All Reader Reviews by Nate Powell

Nate Powell has posted no reviews.