Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Joe Westing (pedro87) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Joe Westing hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Joe Westing has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Joe Westing

Showing 121 - 130 of 208 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

Re: I don't get wind shirts
The idea of windshirts is that although they are less waterproof and windproof than a standard rain jacket, they are much more comfortable and breathable to wear while hiking or even just around ca...

In Philosophy & Technique » I don't get wind shirts
September 02, 3:24pm

Re: Advice on light, bugproof tent for 2-3 person use above treeline
Also check out the MLD Silnylon Mid. It's 1.5 lbs and $275 with 80 sq/ft of usable floor space. You can add perimeter bug netting for an extra 5.5 oz and $45. The price is a little steep but...

In GEAR » Advice on light, bugproof tent for 2-3 person use above treeline
August 29, 6:39pm

Re: Not Recommended
Walter - I would disagree that it "failed" three different ways in the this test (maybe only once) and that it should not be recommended. I do not know of any inflatable pad that woul...

In Editor's Roundtable » Big Agnes Clearview Air Pad Review
August 28, 1:10pm

Re: Re: sandals
I'm pretty sure I remember Ryan commenting that the due to the nature of the injury, boots would not have prevented it. If I remember correctly, he fell through a deep patch of ice/snow. I do...

In GEAR » ankle support vs UL
August 25, 10:18pm

Re: presi traverse september footwear?
I think that you definitely could wear your Hardrocks, especially if you will be sleeping in a hut. Just bring some extra socks. On an overnight I took on AT through NJ last December, I wore my H...

In Gear Lists » Need September Presidential Traverse Clothing List
August 25, 12:42pm

Re: ankle support vs UL
You could try a high top trail shoe like the Montrail Hardrock Mid or the Inov-8 Rocklite 370. Both shoes have a trail runner chassis w/ extra ankle support while still being very light. I pers...

In GEAR » ankle support vs UL
August 24, 1:02pm

Re: Re: poles attach to fly
Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't think of that. However, I still personally do not like the idea of having poles attach to the outside of the fly. Many tents can be stored and stuffed ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Big Sky International Convertible 2P Tent REVIEW Review
August 23, 6:22pm

poles attach to fly
It was mentioned in the article that the poles attach to the outside of the fly. Is there any possible way of just pitching the inner mesh tent? If not, that seems like a big disadvantage, at lea...

In Editor's Roundtable » Big Sky International Convertible 2P Tent REVIEW Review
August 23, 4:29pm

can't wait for more like this
It is great to see an in-depth roundup of gear even if it isn't completely comprehensive. I find these comparison articles to be by far the most useful as gear performance is a relative thing.

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Rainwear 2008: Current Favorites, New Introductions, and New Technologies (Outdoor Retailer Summer Market 2008)
August 16, 2:37pm

Re: Best online host?
If you are looking for a free service, I would recommend Picasa Web Albums. You get 1 GB of free space, unlimited sets, and no monthly upload limits (unlike Flickr which only allows 100 MB of uplo...

In Photography » Best online host?
July 28, 1:16pm

All Reader Reviews by Joe Westing

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BackpackingLight.com
After having a problem with my BPL print subscription (totally my bad), Karen quickly (within a day) and kindly fixed everything. Couldn't ask for anything more.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 11, 5:09pm

Gossamer Gear Nightlight Torso
This is a great pad. It is fairly comfortable, although it gets less comfortable with use. I would give it five stars if it maintained its initially level of comfort. Still, it doesn't wear dow...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
July 19, 12:18pm

Leki Ultralight Ti
Had these poles for a few years and they've performed very well. Only had one time when the poles slipped and that was quickly fixed by cleaning the poles. These titanium poles are fairly light ...

In Trekking Poles
June 29, 11:01am