Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Paul McLaughlin (paul) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Paul McLaughlin hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Paul McLaughlin has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul McLaughlin

Showing 121 - 130 of 917 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...92

Forum » Thread

Re: How Do You Occupy Self during Evening/Downtime when Solo?
MP3 player with audio books on it. And extra batteries for more than a couple days. And you can have music on it also.

In Philosophy & Technique » How Do You Occupy Self during Evening/Downtime when Solo?
March 02, 4:46pm

Re: JMT rest days & mosquitos
Skeeters are very hard to predict. Temperature plays a big role, and how much rain falls in the early summer can make a big difference as well. Around late may, check here http://www.highsier...

In Pre-Trip Planning » JMT rest days & mosquitos
February 27, 9:50pm

Re: Quick Yosemite permit/camping question
If you don't mind some off-trail travel, you can start at Dana Meadows, go up to Helen Lake and over the saddle to the south of it, then you contour around past Donohue Peak to Donohue Pass and...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Quick Yosemite permit/camping question
February 27, 9:46pm

Re: Please help me extend the range of my 3-season sleep system.
I think if I had a Plasma and wanted to keep that I'd go with a 30 degree quilt. Clothes will get that down close to the Plasma so you don't have a gap in your range. Taking a 40 degree qui...

In GEAR » Please help me extend the range of my 3-season sleep system.
February 27, 9:36pm

Re: Warm hiker, cold camper layering question
You should get warmer pants as well as or instead of a warmer jacket. What are you used to carrying for your legs? I'm a little bit that way myself - I'll often find myself wearing less...

In GEAR » Warm hiker, cold camper layering question
February 27, 9:27pm

next in line
I'll be backup if the first offer doesn't go through.

In Gear Swap » FS. Black Diamond One Shot tent
February 25, 2:56pm

combination
I've been trying to figure out a similar question, and based partly on CLO values and partly on anecdotes reported here on BPL, it seems reasonable to assume that the 2.5 apex quilt is going to...

In GEAR » Double up insulation warmth?
February 25, 2:52pm

scales or not
Broad statements about waxless ski performance vs. waxable tend to be just as accurate as any broad statement, and not much use unless the specifics are considered. Waxless bases vary quite a bit f...

In Editor's Roundtable » AT Nordic Ski Systems: Discovering the Best of Backcountry Nordic and Alpine Touring Systems Through Hybridization
February 22, 4:58pm

Re: Re: AT Nordic Ski Systems: Discovering the Best of Backcountry Nordic and Alpine Touring Systems Through Hybridization
On cost - the really nasty part is the boots, and with the constant improvement at the top end of the rando race food chain, a fair number of pretty light boots are showing up used, such as Scarpa ...

In Editor's Roundtable » AT Nordic Ski Systems: Discovering the Best of Backcountry Nordic and Alpine Touring Systems Through Hybridization
February 19, 2:34pm

Re: Re Re Updates
3D mesh will hold water, though.

In Make Your Own Gear » Help Us Design the Ultimate UltraLight Pack
February 18, 9:37am

All Reader Reviews by Paul McLaughlin

Paul McLaughlin has posted no reviews.