BPL Community Profile

Adam Kilpatrick (oysters) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South Australia
About Me Into Bushwalking in remote areas in Australia. Have completed alot of walks in Southern Australia, especially in the Flinders Ranges, but also some decent trips in Victoria, Tasmania, and Central Australia.

I also spend a lot of time in the field for work (arid areas) and am an avid Scouter!

Oh yeah, and I'm into cycling and photography too.
CityAdelaide
StateSouth Australia
CountryAustralia
My Website URLhttp://worldtrike.crazyguyonabike.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Adam Kilpatrick

Showing 121 - 130 of 529 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...53

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: What is this piece?
I agree, I've thought for a long time that something like this would be useful. Think, if you are hiking hard in temperatures between say 10-20C, and its raining, and you have a pack on, which ...

In GEAR » What is this piece?
February 26, 7:31pm

Re: sub60 fast pack
How thick are those slip clips, and will they fit comfortably through the mesh without straining it too much? I'm happy with whatever price I'm given :-)

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » SUL Backpacks
February 26, 6:47pm

Re: designing to fixed function vs designing for weight only
"But I feel designing to weight ONLY is like playing tennis without a net. If you start out without a clear idea of the required function then you can always throw out function (not to men...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » 1 oz, Durable* Cook kit
February 26, 8:06am

Yep
They've been around for a while. A long time ago they were mentioned on BPL as a good solution for extra guys especially on the simpler tarps and pyramids (eg BD Megalite) that were available a...

In GEAR » shelter system clips
February 26, 8:03am

Hiker's depot
Yeah I first looked at Hiker's depot but realised that it would take way to long to get out there and back again. Maybe on the next trip to Japan (next World Scout Jamboree is next year in Yama...

In GEAR » Gear shops in Japan
February 26, 5:39am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Gear shops in Japan
Hi Rick the OD Box right next to Ueno station. I had a browse through their weblog and it looks unbelievable. They even have a bunch of zpacks and MLD gear! Unless that has been sold off of cour...

February 26, 2:39am

Re: Re: Gear shops in Japan
So, my family and I are leaving Japan in early April. We are flying to Tokyo from Tottori (our home here), and then flying from Narita to Aus. I have one night in Tokyo, as I've been invited...

February 25, 11:19pm

Re: Re: BGET
Yeah that pot stand is sweet. And yeah you can definitely swap out windscreens and stoves easily. I like your thinking/approach. That's another good stove thread :-)

February 25, 10:32pm

Interesting fabrics
Definitely getting interesting. Its nice these days to see so many high tech competitors to the likes of Gore.

In Editor's Roundtable » ISPO 2014, Munich
February 25, 10:09pm

Durability
Another thing I was wondering, is that you are worried about durability, but then it seems like you are using aluminium foil for your lid and screens? Isn't that only going to last a few days? ...

February 25, 9:54pm

All Reader Reviews by Adam Kilpatrick

Adam Kilpatrick has posted no reviews.