BPL Community Profile

Tom Kirchner (ouzel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest/Sierra
About Me Leave no tracks.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tom Kirchner

Showing 121 - 130 of 5640 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...564

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Bushwacking from Enchanted Gorge to Simpson Meadow
"Plan is in and out at Roads End. Head north on the SHR to Muir Pass, then cut off trail heading back south into the Ionian Basin and down the Enchanted Gorge. We would then have the descent d...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Bushwacking from Enchanted Gorge to Simpson Meadow
February 27, 5:48pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ads are back for Lifetime Member
"I finally gave up and just started using ad blocker." I'm on the verge, myself, because I'm getting sick and tired of boobs to the right and boobs to the left of every page on...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Ads are back for Lifetime Member
February 26, 9:04pm

Re: Re: Not really
"Doug and Tom do this a lot, too." Aw, c'mon Dean. That's below the belt and below you as well. I've never done that to you. Ever. Maybe a couple of other people I thou...

In Chaff » Meanwhile in Venezuela
February 26, 8:51pm

Re: Re: I am weird
" Admittedly I'm rather rusty, but I could brush up quickly. At least enough to ask the border guards to be gentle during the body cavity searches..." Do you know how to ask them t...

February 26, 8:47pm

Re: Re
"I understand that connection but I don't forgive his actions even though I understand his motivation." Do you forgive the actions of the others I mentioned? FWIW, the Nobel P...

February 26, 8:09pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Meanwhile in Venezuela
"No no, the premise that three's company....." Hmmmm, I'd have thought that you'd find that premise downright interesting. ;0)

February 26, 8:07pm

Re: Re: Bushwacking from Enchanted Gorge to Simpson Meadow
"I just don't know of an alternate option to keep this loop together." What is the rest of the intended loop?

In Pre-Trip Planning » Bushwacking from Enchanted Gorge to Simpson Meadow
February 26, 8:03pm

Re: Re: It's good to be grateful.
"Mineral King would make an awesome ski resort." Back in the day when it was a live issue, that kind of talk could have put you square in the path of a jumbo can of whup a$$ in certain...

In On the Web » Disney almost built a ski resort in Sequoia National Park
February 25, 6:27pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: "EN 13537 and LOFT"
"So, basically this is suggesting eating an oz of jerky before heading to bed. Hmmm, likely some fats, too, since the warmth would wear off after 4-5 hours." Fats, too, for the calorie...

In GEAR » EN 13537 and LOFT
February 25, 6:22pm

Re: Golden Eagle eating deer that mountain lion killed
"How lucky am I.... Didn't even know until someone told me what it was." Damn, incredible shots!

In Photography » Golden Eagle eating deer that mountain lion killed
February 25, 6:08pm

All Reader Reviews by Tom Kirchner

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear ThinLight insulation pad 1/8" approx. 2 oz.
Having used both of the above mentioned combinations(only with a Mens' Prolite 3), I heartily concur with their rating(s). It would be hard to find a piece of insulation/protection/padding that g...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
October 27, 5:20pm

ULA Circuit
Pro's: 1) Light; 2) Durable for the weight(like Kevin, I've done some off-trail/bushwhacking(Wanda Lake to Martha Lake via Davis Lakes/N. Goddard Creek) with only minor abrasion on the waist...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 29, 6:16pm

RailRiders Adventure Shirt
Scott, Check out travelcountry.com for the eco-mesh shirt. They have free shipping whereas Railriders charges a pretty hefty fee. I've been using this shirt for years and consider it the best S...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
April 06, 5:27pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro-Lite 4
Hi David, What you are experiencing with your Prolite-4 is a common phenomenon in my experience with the Prolite-3. It is, however, easy to mitigate. Just position the valve next to your shoulder o...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 04, 5:17pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro Lite 3
I've used the Prolite-3 almost since it came out with good success. It compresses well, is very light FOR ITS SIZE(what would a TorsoLite weigh if it was 20"x48"??), and insulates just ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
March 15, 6:02pm

REI Peak UL
I've been using the Peak UL carbon fiber poles(womens' non antishock 3 section model-11.2 oz/pr) ever since they came on the market and have been ecstatic about their performance. Like some other pos...

In Trekking Poles
November 04, 5:58pm