Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Tom Kirchner (ouzel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest/Sierra
About Me Leave no tracks.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tom Kirchner

Showing 121 - 130 of 6517 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...652

Forum » Thread

Re: Je suis Charlie
"Aren't we already at the point that simply being a Westerner is enough to be targeted?" Not quite, but getting close. It would be well for us to ask ourselves how this came to be...

In Chaff » Je suis Charlie , latest cover
January 19, 5:30pm

Re: moderate
"Do they make SUL condoms?" Long ago, I came across an ad for a brand called P.P.P.(Purely Psychological Protection", but I don't know if they're still around.

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » BPL Reacts to distasteful ad complaints
January 18, 7:41pm

Re: Groovy Biotic Cooking
"more of a hot elctrolyte boost to warm me up than a meal. It's a good substitute for coffee or tea in the morning as well." +1 and also works well added to mashed potatoes, cous ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Vegan food on the go
January 18, 7:25pm

Re: Lukes Ultralite
"Maybe see if Luke from Lukes Ultralite can add some to your existing jacket, or order a whole new one?" Does anybody here know how to contact Luke? I've tried twice via his websi...

In GEAR » UL rain jacket with pockets?
January 18, 7:20pm

Re: Re: Re: Asset forfeiture - a big first step
"My issue has always been that authorities can seize - and keep - assets even if no charges are ever filed or if a person is found not guilty. That's just flat out wrong, IMO." Isn...

In Chaff » Asset forfeiture - a big first step
January 17, 7:26pm

Re: Re: A true police officer!
"If I wanted people to run up and hug me then I should've been a firefighter." Or been born with a vagina armpit?

In Chaff » A true police officer!
January 17, 5:54pm

Re: Re: Re: group dynamics
My only two experiences of hiking with a couple did not work out very well for me. In both cases, it was just me and the couple, and a party of three does not usually make for good group dynamics....

In Philosophy & Technique » Why do male adventurers not take their female partners along?
January 17, 5:42pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: moderate
"I'm almost scared to say anything because there are a couple of very aggressive people here at BPL who give me the creeps. I was afraid I might see death threats on my PM or something.&qu...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » BPL Reacts to distasteful ad complaints
January 17, 5:29pm

Re: Re: Je ne suis pas Charlie
"Not taking the Muslim side, but Hebdo wasn't so much constructive criticism as outright mocking. Does Islam deserve to be mocked? No. But what about the most backward elements of Muslim e...

In Chaff » Je suis Charlie , latest cover
January 16, 9:41pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: They did it!!!
"I resent that Tom. I'm not sensitive. I'm not! I'm not! I'm not!" Now, now. Time for a "cookie" and warm milk, and then off to bed with you. ;0)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » They did it!!!
January 16, 9:28pm

All Reader Reviews by Tom Kirchner

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear ThinLight insulation pad 1/8" approx. 2 oz.
Having used both of the above mentioned combinations(only with a Mens' Prolite 3), I heartily concur with their rating(s). It would be hard to find a piece of insulation/protection/padding that g...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
October 27, 5:20pm

ULA Circuit
Pro's: 1) Light; 2) Durable for the weight(like Kevin, I've done some off-trail/bushwhacking(Wanda Lake to Martha Lake via Davis Lakes/N. Goddard Creek) with only minor abrasion on the waist...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 29, 6:16pm

RailRiders Adventure Shirt
Scott, Check out travelcountry.com for the eco-mesh shirt. They have free shipping whereas Railriders charges a pretty hefty fee. I've been using this shirt for years and consider it the best S...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
April 06, 5:27pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro-Lite 4
Hi David, What you are experiencing with your Prolite-4 is a common phenomenon in my experience with the Prolite-3. It is, however, easy to mitigate. Just position the valve next to your shoulder o...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 04, 5:17pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro Lite 3
I've used the Prolite-3 almost since it came out with good success. It compresses well, is very light FOR ITS SIZE(what would a TorsoLite weigh if it was 20"x48"??), and insulates just ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
March 15, 6:02pm

REI Peak UL
I've been using the Peak UL carbon fiber poles(womens' non antishock 3 section model-11.2 oz/pr) ever since they came on the market and have been ecstatic about their performance. Like some other pos...

In Trekking Poles
November 04, 5:58pm