Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

obx hiker (obxcola) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Outer Banks of North Carolina
About Me 60: Wide but relatively shallow experience. That's my older daughter and "baby" brother in the photo
at Gragg Prong , Wilson Creek.
CityNags Head
StateNorth Carolina
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.obxcola.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by obx hiker

Showing 121 - 130 of 417 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...42

Forum » Thread

Snaps
THANK YOU Tom! I just couldn't seem to find that anywhere and your link is EXACTLY what I'm looking for. Thanks!

In GEAR » Frogg Toggs 2.8oz Emergency Poncho
May 07, 2:02pm

Frogg Toggs 2.8oz Emergency Poncho
In a related note: Anyone here have a good source for light-weight plastic snaps and the necessary hardware? Dale thanks for bringing this poncho to mour attention; it's an interesting looki...

In GEAR » Frogg Toggs 2.8oz Emergency Poncho
May 06, 10:14am

Instaflators
Thanks Roger. So are most currently currently manufactured inflatable pads, regardless of insulation; potentially subject to this problem? Do you think it's a marginal "iffy" type pr...

In Gear Deals » Instaflators
April 25, 12:09pm

Instaflators
My new Kooka-Bay pad arrived Friday and I decided to give it a spin yesterday but egad didn't have an inflater. After googling instaflator which of course led me back to this blog but also b...

In Gear Deals » Instaflators
April 24, 6:06pm

Glucosamine and Chondrotin
I have been told by (beware Brad Fisher this is a Tarheel plot) by many of my UNC pharmacy school grad friends (the only pharmacy school in NC but I think the Pie-Rats (ECU) may be getting a pharm...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Glucosamine and Chondrotin
April 24, 5:25pm

Shining Rock Wilderness - Fork Ridge/Green Mountain Trails"
Brandon are you and Eli hiking together? The pretty spot I meantioned earlier on the trsil up from the pigeon and 215 is not at the absolute ridge top but maybe a couple hundred feet and 1/3-1/2...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Shining Rock Wilderness - Fork Ridge/Green Mountain Trails
April 21, 9:05pm

Warm and wet
Ike that wind shirt under the rain-shell idea sounds like a good tip. What does a wetsuit have? a relatively hard/impermeable shell with a spongy insulating layer.A wetsuit Surrenders the idea of s...

In Philosophy & Technique » Dealing with an all-day spring deluge
April 21, 8:05pm

Shining Rock Wilderness - Fork Ridge/Green Mountain Trails"
Nice work Brandon! And nice work Brenda J.Wiley. As far as Brenda's comments about the trail juncture or beginning on the shoulder of Tennent. The road from Black Balsam Parking lot lead...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Shining Rock Wilderness - Fork Ridge/Green Mountain Trails
April 21, 9:47am

Loops In Sierra/Kings Canyon/Etc Coming from Vegas
Google maps lists Cedar Grove as 7hr:59 minutes from Vegas Mineral King 7he:31 minutes Lone Pine 4hr: 23 minutes Add 55 minutes to Horseshoe meadows

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Loops In Sierra/Kings Canyon/Etc Coming from Vegas
April 21, 7:27am

Shining Rock Wilderness - Fork Ridge/Green Mountain
Brandon, I didn't see or take note of a trail going down the east side of that ridge around Birdstand but wouldn't be surprised. There are use trails made by hunters and etc. In the area...

April 20, 7:16pm

All Reader Reviews by obx hiker

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Blow-Up Pillow
Used the dual chamber for @ 5 years. Don't want to get it too full but that's easy to adjust. Can be a little tricky to get fully de-flated for packing. Persistence! Cover it with your tee-shi...

In Miscellaneous Products
September 30, 8:19pm

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
William Siemens has it right about wind-resistance being a key. This jacket is wonderfully wind resistant. The Northern Outer Banks of NC can be an incredibly cold place due to the combination of wind...

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
February 25, 4:32pm