BPL Community Profile

Nia Schmald (nschmald) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Nia Schmald hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Nia Schmald has not added a biography yet.
CitySunnyvale
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nia Schmald

Showing 121 - 130 of 590 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...59

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Six Moon Designs 2-person Haven
"I still can't figure out why Ron didn't just sew the net to to his tent and cut out all the unnecessary weight like he did with his other tents." The extra mesh needed to make...

In GEAR » Six Moon Designs 2-person Haven
February 13, 9:54am

Washing a cuben down quilt
A question for you proud owners of a cuben down quilt? Have you washed it yet? Can the .33 oz cuben stand up to being washed in a machine (front loader assumed)? How about drying?

In GEAR » Washing a cuben down quilt
February 12, 10:13pm

Re: "Fuel pouch"
Nice find. Doing a google for disposable flasks: This place has them for $1.33 each for 6+ but with the same high shipping costs. This place has 6 packs for $9.95 + $3.58 shipping but you ca...

In GEAR » Fuel pouch
February 12, 9:06pm

Re: Re: Epic Fabric Weight
This thread has a good discussion on the effects of oils and sweat on epic. It will cause it to leak but epic can be restored by washing with detergent and drying. Royal, I've been wanting ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Epic Fabric Weight
February 12, 8:28pm

No
Don't do it! All you do is walk and eat and look at beautiful scenery. It get's really boring. Plus all the other hikers smell really bad!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Should I walk the PCT this year?
February 12, 6:28pm

Re: Re: ice axe
+1 on bivy + cape overkill Your just not likely to see that much rain to make it worth while. I also found for cowboy camping that the bivy trapped moisture rather than helping much. You don...

In Gear Lists » Another PCT gear list.
February 12, 5:56pm

Re: 20 denier .9oz ripstop at Outdoor Wilderness Fabrics
"I've got the urge to start a new quilt project, so I'll probably have to order from Thru-Hiker, as I don't know that I can wait another month for OWF to receive the product."...

In Make Your Own Gear » 20 denier .9oz ripstop at Outdoor Wilderness Fabrics?
February 09, 7:44pm

Re: PCT sleep
"As a side note, if I do change the 12 oz sea to summit poncho tarp I have now for a cuben tarp (+-5oz?) is there rain gear that I can add to the system and still save weight?" Well yo...

In GEAR » PCT sleep system help
February 03, 4:41pm

SOLD: Mountainsmith Ghost - Medium $75
SOLD I have a never used, never been outside, mountainsmith ghost in a medium torso (MT) for sale at $75 shipped in the CONUS.

In Gear Swap » FS: Mountainsmith Ghost - Medium $75
February 02, 4:40pm

Re: Re. AT Thru-hike Kitchen
You asked for different perspectives so here is mine. I liked to actually cook on my thru hike. Lot's of pasta, instant brown rice, quinoa add in some spices, cheese, and meat or fish, and if...

In GEAR » AT Thru-hike Kitchen
February 02, 4:13pm

All Reader Reviews by Nia Schmald

Nia Schmald has posted no reviews.