Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nicholas Miller (nmiller08) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Montana
About Me Nicholas Miller has not added a biography yet.
CityMissoula

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nicholas Miller

Showing 121 - 130 of 227 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Forum » Thread

and width
forgot to add that width wise you don't really lose anything except the curve used to join the inner and outer. However, be sure to compensate for loft when deciding how much fabric width you ...

In Make Your Own Gear » VB Experiment
March 11, 12:06am

measurements
You mean loss of fabric length due to the up-down-up created by the baffle chambers? Not much as long as your baffles are adequate height. If you're doing sewn through baffles for a lighter w...

March 11, 12:00am

6'3"?
It would fit more like a half bag;) the new system won't have a vb layer, as I'm intending to use it with a hooded down jacket inside the quilt, and the quilt will have the baffle sizes ad...

March 10, 11:08pm

cheap option depending on your size...
Evan, I'm currently building an integrated system of jacket/quilt so if you're interested in trying out a sil quilt on a budget I'd sell you mine (after I finish the new one ~ 3 weeks?)...

March 10, 3:21pm

So far...
I haven't noticed a problem with next to skin feel as I usually sleep with a base layer, but even without, I don't think it's so much the "feel" as the sweat/condensation (whi...

March 09, 10:03pm

Sil vb
I use a MYOG quilt with silnylon for the inner layer acting as a VB and don't mind it at all. As Roger said, give it a try! The nice thing about a VB in a quilt is that any mugginess/perspira...

March 09, 8:24pm

Montrail Namache $39
Mountain Gear has had these on sale for a long time and they just keep going down in price. I know there are a few people around here who sing their praises. As of now they have 7.5, 9.5, 10, 10....

In Gear Deals » Montrail Namache $39
March 07, 8:32pm

+1
I'd love to put one of these to use, put my name in the pot!

In Gear Deals » Montgomery Kettle (ultralight chimney-boiler) reservations
March 05, 9:36am

leftover
Tom, don't know if you're still looking, but the momentum left over will be right around 2 yards of the darker blue (aegean or something?) which might be a little short for a full side of a...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Momentum Fabric / Climashield Insulation
March 04, 3:18pm

weights
Millet USA's website lists weights for everything I could find, although there were a few things on Giltman I looked up that weren't on the Millet site at all (discontinued?). Didn't f...

In Gear Deals » Millet Sale
March 04, 12:02pm

All Reader Reviews by Nicholas Miller

Nicholas Miller has posted no reviews.