Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

scott Nelson (nlsscott) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale So. Calif.
About Me I've been hiking since the 70's. Spent about 20 years in the outdoor retail end of things. I now help teach an outdoor training class with the Sierra Club. I'm a docent at a nearby Nature Center and a volunteer diver at the Aquarium of the Pacific. I like making my own gear.
CitySouth Pasadena
StateCa
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by scott Nelson

Showing 121 - 130 of 238 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Forum » Thread

FS MLD Pro Poncho Tarp
Mountain Laurel Designs Silnylon Pro Poncho Tarp. Never used. 10 oz. Catenary cut. Reg. $155. Sell for $100 incl. Shipping CONUS

In Gear Swap » FS MLD Pro Poncho Tarp
December 08, 5:18pm

Orienteering gaiters
I have not handled, or used these my self, but you might get some ideas from orienteering gaiters.

In Make Your Own Gear » the everything gaiter
November 05, 12:46pm

Half-way idea
I recently made a Meteor Bivy and replaced the netting with breathable fabric to the bottom 6 inches of the netting area as it wraps around the head end of the top. This gives me more protection f...

In Make Your Own Gear » UL Bivy Concept
October 25, 9:11pm

Pack modifications
I'm not sure what I can add, (but that hasn't stopped me in the past;) )I would think you would want a pretty strong zipper, at least a number 5, maybe a 10. One thing to consider if adding...

In Make Your Own Gear » Backpack Mods
October 06, 11:28am

DIY Conversion Project?
I bought one of these here at BPL, like many others, specifically for cold weather. I wonder if someone could create illustrated instructions and materials list to replace this fuel line with some...

In GEAR » Chinese One Road Star Fire153g remote stove WARNING
September 29, 10:39am

Karo Baffles?
I wonder what it would be like to make a similar vest, but use Karo baffles. Easier to stuff would be one advantage. Just put all the down for each large section in at once. Scott

In Editor's Roundtable » MYOG: Down Vest
September 28, 2:14pm

GPS SOLD
SOLD

In Gear Swap » FS: Geko 301 GPS
July 29, 11:11am

Price lowered
Bump

In Gear Swap » FS: Geko 301 GPS
July 28, 11:04pm

Aquilo tested with ccf pad?
I am wondering if these great load carrying results for the Aquilo were done with or without a folded ccf pad in the pack's pad pocket?

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Frameless Backpacks State of the Market Report 2011: Part 4 – Packs for Lightweight Backpacking and Load Hauling
July 28, 10:44pm

Yosemite North Rim 2011
With all the snow and high water crossings in the the Sierra, my buddy and I opted to do the Yosemite North Rim July 23-26, 2011. This was 3 and 1/2 days of generally mellow hiking. The details f...

In Post-Trip Reports » Yosemite North Rim 2011
July 28, 10:30pm

All Reader Reviews by scott Nelson

scott Nelson has posted no reviews.