BPL Community Profile

scott Nelson (nlsscott) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale So. Calif.
About Me I've been hiking since the 70's. Spent about 20 years in the outdoor retail end of things. I now help teach an outdoor training class with the Sierra Club. I'm a docent at a nearby Nature Center and a volunteer diver at the Aquarium of the Pacific. I like making my own gear.
CitySouth Pasadena
StateCa
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by scott Nelson

Showing 121 - 130 of 229 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Forum » Thread

Yosemite North Rim 2011
With all the snow and high water crossings in the the Sierra, my buddy and I opted to do the Yosemite North Rim July 23-26, 2011. This was 3 and 1/2 days of generally mellow hiking. The details f...

In Post-Trip Reports » Yosemite North Rim 2011
July 28, 10:30pm

FS: Geko 301 GPS-SOLD
SOLD-This is the small ultralight (3 oz.)Garmin gps that got such great reviews here on BPL. Features altimeter and compass. Includes manuals, cables, and adaptors to connect to your computer. Sel...

In Gear Swap » FS: Geko 301 GPS
July 20, 9:54am

PM sent on pack
What size?

In Gear Swap » FS: Arcteryx, Granite Gear and Six Moons
July 06, 12:03am

My Stove Arrived
The stove was mailed register mail, so I had to go to the post office to pick it up. Nice plastic case for storage at home. Stove works.

In Gear Deals » 153gms (5.4oz) world's lightest remote canister stove $35
June 28, 12:32am

Adding Down
I would echo the advice above about cleaning and drying it to restore the loft. I would caution, before you start ripping the seams on this beautiful design, be sure you are really accessing the m...

In GEAR » Adding down to a WM Ultralight as a DIY project?
June 22, 3:33pm

Price dropped
Price dropped. Pack is comparable to a Zpacks Blast but features contouring and is larger. I have made and sold several tarps to BPL memebers.I think you will be satisfied with the quality of const...

In Gear Swap » FS MYOG Cuben Pack
May 29, 8:57pm

More Details
Things I forgot: there is a 9 inch extention collar that makes the total height of the pack 31 inches. The torso length fits about 19-21 inches. The shoulder Straps are lined with 3D Mesh. the to...

May 28, 7:00pm

FS Cuben Pack
MYOG Cuben Frameless Pack Wt. 12 oz. Made with 1.43oz Cuben body, Dyneenma Gridstop Bottom and Silnylon side pockets. Rough Dimensions: 31"ht, 12" width, 7 1/2" depth. Hipbelt wing...

May 28, 6:38pm

A Connection Suggestion
One additional suggestion to what has been written above. Flat sections of pad hinge easily when folded against each other. A problem comes up when you try and fold shaped sections against each oth...

In Make Your Own Gear » Carrying a CCF pad...making it manageable
May 26, 4:46pm

Camera type
Bob, I thought of this project because I was carrying the camera in a LowePro case and carrying the drybag in my pack in case of rain or stream crossings. Redundancy. The camera is an Olympus e62...

In Make Your Own Gear » Dry Bag Camera Bag
May 18, 10:37am

All Reader Reviews by scott Nelson

scott Nelson has posted no reviews.