BPL Community Profile

Nick K (nkline) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Northeast U.S.
About Me Nick K has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick K

Showing 121 - 130 of 141 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Forum » Thread

Re: Merino
Did you find the wool base layer at Walmart or just the polyester short sleeve shirt? I have been holding out for the BPL Wool Hoody but it is out of stock. If I can find something similar to it...

In GEAR » Gear Find: Wicking, Merino
January 28, 9:15am

re: perimeter net
*bump-a-roo*

In GEAR » Long winded Tarp questions
January 25, 6:44pm

re: MYO: Unforseen expenses and how I almost killed my cat
Damn, man, that sucks! Both for the cat and the monetary set back. I'm glad Mac is back in action though. The vet is probably laughing all the way to the bank :P I'll be sure to remember th...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYO: Unforseen expenses and how I almost killed my cat
January 21, 6:54pm

MYOG: Cone
I am considering making my own cone. It sounds like a few people have ventured down this road already using aluminum sheet metal. I am interested in hearing experiences/lessons learned so far be...

In Make Your Own Gear » Heineken Cone
January 20, 7:19pm

Cookware for Two
I am in the process of researching cookware for two adults. The FireLite SUL-1350 Titanium Cookset looks like a possibility, until I realized it is out of stock. Do we know when it's due back i...

In GEAR » Cookware for Two
January 20, 7:11pm

re: perimeter net
I noticed that the MLD 2009 Silnylon Mid and Spinntex EXP MID come with an optional 18" perimeter net. How is MLD attaching this net to the tarp ? Andrew: have you settled on a shelter syst...

In GEAR » Long winded Tarp questions
January 16, 8:30am

re: MYOG 5 yards to SUL tarp -- bug proofing
I am looking for suggestions on making a removable bug shelter for this tarp. The ideal solution would be versatile so that it could be removed during fall/winter when the bugs aren't around. T...

In Editor's Roundtable » Make Your Own Gear: 5 Yards to SUL, Part 3 - Tarp
January 09, 11:57am

Interesting Documentaries
I watched some interesting documentaries recently and thought I'd share: - Zeitgeist and Zeitgeist Addendum - "Future By Design" which discusses The Venus Project. - Michael Rupp...

In Chaff » Interesting Documentaries
January 08, 6:27pm

Re: fabric updates & sources
I noticed the last post was made about two years ago. Since I am considering making the gear discussed in this project, I was wondering if there have been updates on the types of fabric to use and ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Make Your Own Gear: Five Yards to SuperUltraLight Part 2, Stuff Sack
January 06, 3:11pm

Suggestions on a Versatile Footwear System
I appreciate the recommendations. I was wondering if anyone else out there wanted to chime in on this topic also. Thanks, Nick

In GEAR » Suggestions on a Versatile Footwear System
December 18, 6:28pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick K

Nick K has posted no reviews.