BPL Community Profile

Nicholas Truax (nicktruax) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Montanada
About Me Nicholas Truax has not added a biography yet.
StateMontana
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://nicktruax.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nicholas Truax

Showing 121 - 130 of 358 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...36

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Summer Bag
+1 for the Summerlite. Great bag for weight vs warmth. And made in USA. Have no complaints after a couple years of use. Muy Bueno IMO!

In GEAR » Summer Bag
December 26, 8:32pm

A vote for Rab Photon Belay Jkt
I'll chime in w/ a vote for the RAB Photon Belay Jacket - 200g Primaloft® Sport in body and 170g Primaloft® Sport in sleeves. Much better than the DAS IMO. Great belay parka. FWIW, RAB o...

In GEAR » Help me out right now! Belay Jacket dilemma
December 22, 7:45pm

Re: windshirt decision
Hi Warren, FWIW, regarding breathability, the MB windshirts are calendered fabrics. This means that they have been treated w/ heat to buff up their durability, while lessening their breathabili...

In GEAR » Montbell EX Light (5.7 oz.) vs. Arc’teryx Atom LT Jacket (11 oz.)
December 14, 11:54pm

Winds TR - nice one
Andrew, Thanks for the thorough and outstanding TR! A great read to say the least.

In Post-Trip Reports » 9 Days Solo in the Wind River Range
December 13, 12:43am

Leather and 3 Pin all the way!
Gonna disagree w/ ole Rog here and say stay away from NNN boots/binders. Not the stability, control, nor the strength when compared to the OG 3 pins or the LW cables such as Voile or similar. I h...

In Winter Hiking » BC ski gear for rugged, mileage focused touring
December 13, 12:35am

Re: Camp Magix 10
Hey David, Would really like to hear your feedback regarding these after use. I own many a CAMP item (from quickdraws to Vector Nanotechs) and am curious as to these particular specialty crampo...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » BD Contact crampons
December 13, 12:13am

Another Goose Vote
... for Aaron's pops. He definitely has my vote! All the best to you and your Dad, Aaron.

In Gear Deals » Christmas GooseFeet Giveaway
December 13, 12:07am

New evazote foam pad source
Stopped by the local shop here in Bozeman, ProLiteGear, and they showed me their new line of UL pads. 1/8", 1/4", 3/8", and 1/2" Evazote foam in 83"x20" dimensions. ...

In GEAR » New evazote foam pad source
December 09, 6:38pm

Montbell on Sale 20% off
Just found 20% off all Montbell at ProLiteGear

In Gear Deals » Montbell on Sale 20% off
December 09, 1:54pm

Re: NeoShell
Thanks for the further info Aaron! Both hard and softshell makes it intriguing, as well as the PU aspect. Only time will tell I suppose. Kinda funny/cool that a possible eVent killer is comi...

In GEAR » NeoShell from Polartec, the eVent slayer?!
December 06, 9:46pm

All Reader Reviews by Nicholas Truax

Showing 1 - 8 of 8 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
MB just barely missed the mark w/this one. What is nearly a perfect rendition of the UL jacket, is missing some sort of waist hem retention. Whether it is an UL drawcord hem or elastic (like on the ...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
July 19, 10:37pm

GoLite GoLite customer service
I've had better.. Long story, but Golite did eventually (kind-of) resolve the issue, after much prodding on my part.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
July 01, 7:30pm

WL Gore & Associates WL Gore & Associates
Similar to Patrick's prior experience with WL Gore's CS, I too have been the beneficiary of new gear thanks to their prompt and courteous service. No complaints here on two occasions. Good...

July 01, 7:25pm

Pro Lite Gear customer service
I have been a long-time customer and can say nothing but good things about the customer service at ProLite Gear. I am posting this in thanks to them and their excellent service.

July 01, 7:16pm

Mammut Lucido TXLite
4.5/5 This would be my actual rating due to its unregulated nature, but I'll bump it up since most headlamps of its kind fall into this category. Super bright and long lasting with 3AAA'...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
January 28, 9:00pm

ULA Circuit
Pretty much amazing. I've carried this pack through multiple states and its a champion. A bit heavier than some other ul packs but carries like a champ from 15 to 25ish lbs. Volume may be a b...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
September 18, 10:02pm

Probar Energy Bar
I'd truly give a 4.5/5 just due to the high price. Well, they say you get what you pay for. And this is true with probar. They've been my staple (Art's OG, Superfood, and Berry) for a ...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
September 17, 5:29pm

MSR Mini Titan Cookset
Been using the titan 1.5L w/out its partnered 1 L for about 6 months now on dozens of trips w/out a complaint. Its cooks for two just fine as well as being large enough for melting snow. The 1.5L ...

In Cookware - Titanium
September 17, 5:11pm