Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Edward Jursek (nedjursek@gmail.com) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Edward Jursek has not added a biography yet.
CitySeattle
StateWA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Edward Jursek

Showing 121 - 130 of 712 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...72

Forum » Thread

Helios
I don't know about box vs. sewn through, but the Helios has 40% more down. The Helios is warmer, has a better shell, and the workmanship is excellent. My oldest daughter has a Helios and loves it.

In GEAR » Down jackets: Mirage vs FF Helios
January 01, 12:37pm

Winter Traction Device
For simple traction, I have been using the Grivel Spider's with success. While their abilities are more limited, they are very light, easy to take on and off, and easy to carry.

In GEAR » Winter Traction Device???
December 30, 10:17pm

Seattle
I went through a similar search back in 1997. My wife and I looked at CO, UT, NM, OR, and WA. We settled on WA and Seattle and have never regretted it. First, the economy and job market here are st...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Thinking of Places to Move to - Colorado, Utah, Oregon,...?
December 30, 3:25pm

Rain Gear for the CT
Paul M. has the most legitimate gripe against ponchos, they tend to be made for taller people. However, Zpacks always seems scaled to Joe V's size, and their solo sized Poncho/Ground sheet is g...

In GEAR » Rain gear for the CT
December 27, 6:58pm

Rain Gear
I would still look at the Zpacks Poncho/Groundsheet if you are using a shelter without an integrated bathtub ground sheet. The Zpacks Poncho vents great, has an integrated shock cord "belt&quo...

In GEAR » Rain gear for the CT
December 27, 10:23am

Mid Tautness
Jon - same here, my Gatewood never looks quite right when I pitch it. I will now blame the silnylon, not my own suspect skills!

In GEAR » MLD Mid Tauntness Cuben vs. Silnylon
December 27, 10:07am

MLD
This is great! The item was originally listed at $325 in a different post (good eye Ken), then re-listed at $350, and the new listing includes a "price drop" to $350?! Ahhh, you got love ...

In Gear Swap » FS - Mountain Laurel Design or MLD Trailstar Tarp Tent, Bearpaww Innernet, Carbon Poles
December 27, 9:40am

Mid Tautness
Funny, I have always been able to get a much more taut pitch from cuben shelters then sil ones. Getting a taut pitch on my cuben DuoMid is a breeze.

In GEAR » MLD Mid Tauntness Cuben vs. Silnylon
December 27, 9:03am

MLD posting
Selling on the Gear Swap Forum is more art then science. I find the single biggest issue by far is price. If an item is priced right, it is often gone within minutes or hours. I have never had an i...

In Gear Swap » FS - Mountain Laurel Design or MLD Trailstar Tarp Tent, Bearpaww Innernet, Carbon Poles
December 25, 10:49am

Rainbow in the Winter
Great title for a heavy metal song.

In GEAR » Rainbow in the winter
December 24, 4:29pm

All Reader Reviews by Edward Jursek

Edward Jursek has posted no reviews.