BPL Community Profile

nanook ofthenorth (nanookofthenorth) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale nanook ofthenorth hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me nanook ofthenorth has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by nanook ofthenorth

Showing 121 - 130 of 787 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...79

Forum » Thread

I used it growing up canoe tripping. Nothing too fancy, we used 2 drops per 1L lake water, if it was cloudy with organics, more. 30min at room temp/summer and your good to go. Never gotten sick ...

In Philosophy & Technique » How Much Bleach for Water Treatment
May 25, 8:51pm

Ti Pots in fire?
Wondering what people think of using Ti pots in/on open fires? I'm not too worried having used Al pots for years in open fires, but put a 1/2 full Ti mug in this past weekend and got some ni...

In GEAR » Ti Pots in fire?
May 24, 12:00am

bring a black garbage bag, fill with snow, put on sleeping pad and leave out in the sun for camp. It works well if your basecamping, you could try it with a sled. You end up with slush at the e...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Lightweight solar powered snow melter
May 23, 7:16pm

I'll take it.

In Gear Swap » FS: BD Firstlight
May 19, 11:06pm

Have you seen the Brooks Range Alpini pad?

In Gear Swap » WTB BMW Torsolite
May 19, 6:46pm

I've had the RAB, not a fan - esp for rainy PNW. The I-Tent is much better b/c of steeper door. The RAB is also super cramped, really a solo tent. I think that's a good list - belay ja...

In Gear Lists » Alpine (sort of) List
May 18, 8:27pm

Help with Canadian shipping?
Thanks Doug!

In GEAR » Help with Canadian shipping?
May 17, 10:37pm

Help with Canadian shipping?
Hi, wondering if anyone can give me a hand with Shipping to Canada? Just need a US address and someone to send some gear on to me.

In GEAR » Help with Canadian shipping?
May 17, 10:26pm

WTB-Gravity Filter
Looking for a Gravity filter in good shape, ready to use.

In Gear Swap » WTB-Gravity Filter
May 17, 6:42pm

hey, thanks - I saw that. I was just thinking it would be nice to have another one to talk about jackets w/ about 9ish oz of down in them. Seems like there have been some developments recently ...

In GEAR » Ultralight and Ultra Warm down jackets?
May 17, 10:45am

All Reader Reviews by nanook ofthenorth

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Phantom Jacket
Truly great jacket, light and fully featured. Very well vented. Only nitpick is that my BD Halfdome helmet 'barely' fits under the hood. If the hood was helmet compatible it would be my fav...

In Clothing - Raingear
September 14, 10:06pm