BPL Community Profile

Matthew Zion (mzion) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Boulder, CO
About Me Eagle Scout. Navy Veteran.

AT '10; CT yo-yo '11; PCT '12
My PDF Gear ListPCT '12

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Matthew Zion

Showing 121 - 130 of 247 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...25

Forum » Thread

Re: Snow
Gonna be what you see in peoples Sierra pictures from the PCT. We got a lot this year so patchy and deep in the shaded places. I don't think you'll necessarily need boots, crampons, or sn...

In Gear Lists » CO, UT, AZ in June
April 23, 4:37pm

Re:
Can't help you with a local store obviously. Runningwarehouse.com has fairly descent prices and from time to time you can find a coupon for an additional 10 or 15% off.

In GEAR » Where to Buy Trail Runners
April 23, 2:17pm

Re: CO
June is early but above tree line should be relatively snow free. Key word relatively. I know people who get their kicks doing 14ers in the winter so I say go for it. UT and AZ will probably fee...

In Gear Lists » CO, UT, AZ in June
April 23, 1:07pm

RE: Skins
"Sneak up on his camp and leave him a Jam in trade :) Packrats!" Haha, yes. Ill get my trail ninja outfit ready.

In GEAR » Skins packs coming to market!!
April 23, 1:02pm

Re: Skins
Maybe I can run into him in Aug if he's hiking west out of Denver. Get the scoop.

In GEAR » Skins packs coming to market!!
April 23, 12:54am

Re: Rain Pants
I'll be heading out of Denver roughly the same time you'll be starting out. I was having the same debate with my kit and I am sticking with the rain pants. I do think you can find rain pa...

In Gear Lists » Colorado Trail raingear
April 22, 9:17am

Re: Milage
Hi, my name is Matthew and I am addicted to long days. Think it all started with testing my physical limits but now the longer I am away from backcountry the more I want to get up before sunrise a...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New to this - how fast can one backpack (miles/day)?
April 21, 1:55pm

Re: Murmur
My experience with the Murmur is pretty limited but I think the biggest concern your gonna have is an uncomfortable carry. If you're worried about various seams take the pack to a machine and ...

In GEAR » Gossamer Gear Murmur
April 21, 8:53am

Re: Grats
Grats Jack. I know you and Freefall were in the running. Ran into Freefall in Fontana and in the Smokies. Guess I was a day behind you. Good luck in Sacramento.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Pacific Crest Trail Association hiring
April 18, 10:41am

Re: SoloTrailstar
MLD has a Trailstar thats designed for solo use. I also think its the same pattern as the Cricket's fly which would give you the option of getting a net inner later or just bivying. As far...

In GEAR » bivy (trailstar / duomid)
April 18, 9:35am

All Reader Reviews by Matthew Zion

Matthew Zion has posted no reviews.