Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jeff Gerke (mtnrunner) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Utah
About Me Jeff Gerke has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeff Gerke

Showing 121 - 130 of 152 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Forum » Thread

Worth every penny
As a newbie to lightweight backpacking this sight has been invaluable to me. In the past 3 months or so I have replaced my pack, shelter and sleeping system. BPL has been my main source of inform...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Open Letter: Don't make the Gear Swap for members only
December 20, 8:02am

And the winner is...
I just ordered a TT Stratospire 2. 20oz per person is not bad for a double wall tent. It's cheaper that most the other options I was looking at. Plus I like the idea of being able to use the...

In GEAR » Mostly tarps in the gear lists.
December 19, 3:12pm

Re: choices
You hit the nail on the head when you say there are too many choices. Trying to figure out what system to buy for a shelter has been somewhat daunting. Lots of different configurations all with t...

December 18, 8:44pm

Re: Tarps and Kids
My son is 14. His main concern is the elements.

December 18, 8:59am

Mostly tarps in the gear lists.
I'm still trying to figure out what to get for my first lightweight shelter. I was looking over the community gear lists and was surprised to see how many people use tarps. Seems like at leas...

December 17, 9:56pm

Ray Jardine Books
I'm looking into purchasing Ray Jardine's Tarp Book that just came out this year. Is this book mostly applicable to the Ray Way tarp or is it a good book on tarps in general? I was also t...

In GEAR » Ray Jardine Books
December 08, 8:48am

Re: RE: Tarps
Jason - When sleeping under a tarp are you able to keep dry without a bivy during a heavy rain? If it is raining and the wind is blowing seems like it would be hard to keep dry without additional ...

In GEAR » Tarps
December 02, 11:09am

Re: Tarps
Thanks for the input everyone. After adding up the costs it looks like a tent will be much cheaper. Two bivy sacks, one for my son and one for me, at about $130 a pop. The tarp I was looking at ...

In GEAR » Tarps
December 02, 9:42am

Tarps
I've been shopping for a new tent and have narrowed my search to a couple of Tarptent models. This forum has been very helpful in my search. I never really considered a tarp because they seem...

In GEAR » Tarps
December 01, 8:26am

Re: Re: Two solo tents vs one two man tent
Nick - My son is 14. Now that he is getting older I don't go without him any more. He does go without me sometimes for Boy Scouts. But when he goes with the scouts he takes our old REI Half ...

In GEAR » Two solo tents vs one two man tent
November 30, 9:01am

All Reader Reviews by Jeff Gerke

Jeff Gerke has posted no reviews.