Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Mark Ries (mtmnmark) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale IOWAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
About Me Im to old to fat and out of shape but I sure like hiking and fishing in the wind river range Im transitioning closer to ultra light but still lightweight at best but 35lbs from skin out is alot better than the old 60
CityDavenport
StateIowa
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mark Ries

Showing 121 - 130 of 821 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...83

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Backpacking With A Thermometer
I question laying the thermometer on the ground could that not effect the reading if the ground temp is different from the air temp

In Editor's Roundtable » Backpacking With A Thermometer
October 30, 7:47am

Re: Re: 2000 chevy tracker economical! 4x4! cheap and reliable!
Is that shipped conus?

In Gear Swap » 2000 chevy tracker economical! 4x4! cheap and reliable!
October 22, 6:38pm

trader joes maple sugar
I do not live by a trader joes so i had a friend pick me up some maple sugar. A clerk told her that they will no longer be handling this product so she bought like 8 bags for me. It expires in Apri...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Pancakes
October 21, 3:35pm

Re: In Defense of the Venerable Sierra Cup
I still like the Sierra cup in ti. If I share a pot I use one to eat from and setting on a hot flat rock by a fire keeps my cocoa hot.

In GEAR » In Defense of the Venerable Sierra Cup
October 19, 10:49am

Re: Re: Re: BPL Goes Bye Bye
I would have a lot more time on my hands. Then I would start a twelve step program for us hmmm... maybe we need it now. BPLA oh and BPL a non for your families

In Chaff » BPL Goes Bye Bye
October 17, 9:26am

Re: Rainshadow 2 pitching/ advice
I had one night as you described when I had a RS2 but I really didn't get wet even though I didn't wipe it down till morning. I also had some really great nights in that tent with zero con...

In GEAR » Rainshadow 2 pitching/ advice
October 17, 7:53am

Re: Green solution to the problem of bugs in 'mid apex
So a ul bug cage would be what you need now or do you have it trained to ride on your shoulder

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Green solution to the problem of bugs in 'mid apex
October 17, 6:59am

Re: oooh
I trimmed the insulation back about 1-1/2" and also cut the baffles back inside I can't remember the heat setting I used but I think that I've read since that you should use the hottes...

In Make Your Own Gear » Reseal exped?
October 14, 7:47pm

Re: Reseal exped?
I cut a syn at in half and resealed the cut ends and put a thermarest valve and valve block in the corner of the cut off pad. One is good no leaks, the one I put the valve in has a very slow leak b...

In Make Your Own Gear » Reseal exped?
October 14, 12:14pm

Re: Re: Re: Neo XTherm too warm?
The Rocky mtns in July when nights get down to what the OP states are gonna have a pretty cool ground temp I'd guess below 60. From 98.6 that's over half way to freezing. No a mat does not ...

In GEAR » Neo XTherm too warm?
October 14, 7:37am

All Reader Reviews by Mark Ries

Mark Ries has posted no reviews.