BPL Community Profile

Mike Oxford (moxford) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Silicon Valley, CA
About Me Mike Oxford has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike Oxford

Showing 121 - 130 of 145 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Forum » Thread

Merino/fleece
/shrug I bowhunt in merino/fleece layers; spot and stalk with an ASAT 3-D over it. Slightly higher activity than tree-stand camping. Merino doesn't really take longer to dry and the upsid...

In Make Your Own Gear » Ultimate hunter cold weather wear.
April 05, 11:22am

Updated
Large- Apple XL - Blue

In Gear Deals » Campsaver Clearance - Rab Infinity Down Jacket Men's Large/XL, Apple - $171 w/ Code
April 05, 10:31am

Request: Sorting on Reader Gear Reviews forum
I like the default sorting (alpha) on the left, but I'd also like to be able to sort then list "by last update" would be a cool addition as well. -mox

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Request: Sorting on Reader Gear Reviews forum
April 02, 2:22pm

Re: Ultimate hunter cold weather wear.
0-50 is a pretty big range, especially with the highly variable activity levels. I would go, in layers.... Merino microweight merino midweight Polartech over it Second layer fleece/windproof...

In Make Your Own Gear » Ultimate hunter cold weather wear.
April 02, 2:06pm

permit
1) They're easy to get, free and takes about 10 minutes, tops. 2) They can use statistics to determine if people are interested/using these 3) It's a barrier-to-entry to keep the casual (...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » California Campfire Permit 2012
April 01, 12:43pm

Smartwool
Link says it all, $20. I have a couple pairs of these already and they're excellent. http://www.6pm.com/smartwool-nts-microweight-bottom-black

In Gear Deals » 6pm.com end-of-season
April 01, 12:32pm

6pm.com end-of-season
Lots of stuff in here, too much to list. I see lot of Patagonia and North Face in the outerwear section, with some Merrell. Deals seem to be between 50% and 70% off in most cases. ex: Me...

In Gear Deals » 6pm.com end-of-season
April 01, 12:27pm

Razor blade
I'll drop on in, just so you're not left in a vacuum... :) Most knives are relatively multi-purpose. If you don't want the weight you'll probably end up with a standard razor bl...

In Gear Deals » New: TSS Titanium Field Scapel: Self Sharpening UL Blade: Pre-order price.
April 01, 12:19pm

Full eVent bivy?
ID and MLD no longer seem to offer full-eVent bivvies. Online searches don't turn any up either - the closest are eVent-topped. Anyone know why? Thanks! -mox

In GEAR » Full eVent bivy?
March 23, 1:29am

Montbell
I have a Montbell SuperSpiral #1 Long. Highly recommended. I love this thing - good 800 FP loft, warm, well made the spiral-thing -=absolutely rocks=-. I'm 6'6" 240 (which is w...

In GEAR » What's a good, compressable 3 season sleeping bag?
March 20, 3:43pm

All Reader Reviews by Mike Oxford

Mike Oxford has posted no reviews.