BPL Community Profile

E J (mountainwalker) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale SF Bay Area & New England
About Me E J has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by E J

Showing 121 - 130 of 1468 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...147

Forum » Thread

Re: Save $20-26 on 3 oz Caffin Inverted Remote Canister Stove
From Roger: “Ah well. I have some uncommitted stoves at present. I was expecting them to last a while ... Maybe not. The closing date for final Paypal to me by 8-Jan. Sounds early, but the spe...

In Gear Deals » Save $20-26 on 3 oz Caffin Inverted Remote Canister Stove
January 05, 12:33pm

Save $20-26 on 3 oz Caffin Inverted Remote Canister Stove
Roger is able to ship about 8 Caffin stoves in a 1Kg box for the SF Bay Area GGG Jan. 26 to save a lot on shipping, along with a further $5 discount per stove. Even if you live outside the Bay Are...

In Gear Deals » Save $20-26 on 3 oz Caffin Inverted Remote Canister Stove
January 05, 12:32pm

Not the full Amazon picture on the Costco Cascade Mountain poles
Sam I don't have a horse in this fight - I'm only interested in knowing whether they are quality over months of use - but that review is only one review and a small part of the picture: A)...

In GEAR » Cheap Carbon Fiber Poles From Costco.
January 05, 12:16pm

Re: Re: GGG list of gear you're bringing (shelter, packs, sleeping bags, quilts, stoves, cookpots, etc.)
"With as many as we have coming what won't we have there?" Agreed : ) The problem: so many people, so much gear, so little time. It makes it sooo much easier when you know that John ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014
January 04, 5:06pm

GGG list of gear you're bringing (shelter, packs, sleeping bags, quilts, stoves, cookpots, etc.)
Aside from meeting some of my favorite folks in the flesh, the GGG is just about the best time to see an amazing variety of high quality light cottage gear in one place - an amazing resource for co...

January 04, 1:16pm

Link to Caffin 3 oz inverted canister stove article and thread; GGG & shipping discount
Doug I just edited my post above to include the link to Roger's stove article and photos and the latest forum thread (which I also posted below). This is an inverted remote very low CO caniste...

January 04, 1:10pm

winter hiking legwear
1) Base layer: Ibex lightweight merino Woolies long johns OR midweight merino long johns 2) Midlayer: If you are very cold, wear Powerstretch pants (slim fitting or tights) as a midlayer over ...

In Winter Hiking » Winter hiking pants?
January 04, 12:54pm

Narrow to and focus on best 1-2 product ideas first; Best of luck; Apex
+1 Dan. Focus on just one or two of your best product ideas first and work with a group of early beta testers, get feedback, refine and then open to a larger group of early beta buyers. Heck you ...

In GEAR » A new cottage gear company? Whaaa?
January 04, 12:33pm

1010 more protective; Mark where did you get the thin carbon fiber inserts?
+1 Jeff - the 1010 looks more protective and durable yet still light as a feather. Just handled a pair recently. Personally I prefer more durable better cushioned low drop shoes with a rock plate...

In GEAR » New Balance MT10v2
January 04, 12:19pm

Caffin Stove Group Ship for GGG; Save $26.25!
Can't wait for the GGG. For anyone interested, Roger is able to ship about 8 Caffin stoves in a 1Kg box saving a whopping $21.25 over individual shipping - that's $3.75 shipping/piece inst...

January 03, 4:53pm

All Reader Reviews by E J

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

eBAY.com
Craig, How do you set up an auto search on eBay? Not familiar with that feature. Did you set up an outside program to crawl eBay? eBay is not only useful for acquiring used and new gear at low...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 20, 7:51am

Patagonia Houdini Wind Jacket
My wife has had such good experience with her Houdini that I'm going to switch over from my Montane Lite-speed. I've used my Montane Lite-Speed in almost all conditions. The material has excellent ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 30, 9:40pm

Montane Lite-speed
I've used my Montane Lite-Speed in almost all conditions. The fit is quite good, with plenty of room to layer underneath, without being way too big. I'm 6 ft 180lbs, 42 chest and I do fine with the ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 30, 9:31pm