BPL Community Profile

Dan Cunningham (mn-backpacker) - BPL Guest

My Locale Land of 12,000 Loons
About Me I obviously enjoy backpacking on the lighter side. I work in technology (UNIX - Dev - Mac - Networking - Graphics - Web - etc) and I'm generally quite laid back.
StateMinnesota
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListSHT Thru Hike Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dan Cunningham

Showing 121 - 130 of 409 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...41

Forum » Thread

VT Weight Watchers
Mine weighs 2.4 ounces from the factory, which is 1 ounce less than promised. I calculated that I can trim is 2.5 ounces of webbing from mine. I filled my pack with all my gear and as much food as ...

In GEAR » Vapor trail
April 14, 7:24am

Re: Hmmmm
I made a shorty pepsi stove that weighs .3 ounces and a windscreen that weighs .6 ounces. The setup uses the BushBuddy pot stand as the stand. The stove fits in the BushBuddy easily for storage, an...

In GEAR » BB Ultra + Tibetan Titanium 1100 = Fit
April 14, 7:08am

Looks cool!
I haven't been there before - looks cool! Good choice Roleigh.

In Chaff » MN BPL Chapter Lunch 4/18 Headcount Needed
April 14, 6:54am

Connection
I have found that as I reduce the amount of stuff between me and my environment, the more I feel connected to it. For me this is a profound feeling. There are many aspects of backpacking that I lov...

In Philosophy & Technique » WHY?
April 13, 9:30pm

Highland Grill
I'm not surprised they wouldn't take reservations - I didn't think they did. It's a relatively small classic diner type place. It's good, but probably not the best for a large g...

April 13, 6:22pm

Trail Runners
Is there a reason you can't just use trail runners? I switched from boots years ago and never looked back. I know some people really do need boots, but if you have a light pack, there is normal...

In GEAR » specific foot pain from boots
April 13, 10:36am

sealing
Do it yourself. Seam sealing issues are not limited to SMD. I had Henry seam seal my DR and he shot me an email after he shipped it saying that he was in a rush and wasn't sure if he did a g...

In GEAR » Double Rainbow vs. Lunar Duo
April 12, 9:45pm

Re: Re: Show and tell
I'll bring the full hydration setup. I'll also bring the BushBuddy setup - I'm sure some would be interested in it.

April 12, 9:36pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ever blown a seam on an ultralight pack?
Diane... I agree - eloquently stated! You nailed it.

In GEAR » Ever blown a seam on an ultralight pack?
April 12, 6:07pm

Re: Re: Re: pee-bottle
It's sterile when it is in you, and when it first comes out, but not after it's been sitting in a bottle for a while. Subsequent to elimination from the body, the bacteria start to have a p...

In Philosophy & Technique » Dont wear your day clothes to bed-myth?
April 12, 6:03pm

All Reader Reviews by Dan Cunningham

Dan Cunningham has posted no reviews.