Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Mitchell Keil (mitchellkeil) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Deep in the OC
About Me Mitchell Keil has not added a biography yet.
CityHuntington Beach
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.integrityfa.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mitchell Keil

Showing 121 - 130 of 278 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...28

Forum » Thread

Caldera stove
OK -- So Roger is in the wind for a long time. Has anyone tried using different burners with the Caldera cone and with what success or problems?

In Editor's Roundtable » Stoves, Tents and Carbon Monoxide - Deadly or not? Part 4: Measurements on Alcohol Stoves
June 14, 12:36pm

Re: Re: How do you spell "sarcasm" ? Well, it's not R-E-L-I-E-F
Just as an observer, Aaron, you are probably right -- but it seems well deserved, don't you think?

In GEAR » Big Sky International Update
June 14, 11:11am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Merino Wool L/S Zip
Eric: I agree with Richard above. Size up to XL for the bottoms. Can't speak to the tops but he seems to be about your size and feels that the XL on the top is also a good bet. You may have t...

In GEAR » Merino Wool L/S Zip
June 13, 3:50pm

Re: Re: Big Sky International Update
Some of you may remember that I started a thread a while back about the BP magazine review and recommendation of BS. Kristin H of BPM responded at one point letting us all know how much she valued ...

June 13, 3:43pm

Re: boots or shoes for philmont?
Another boot suggestion: You might also want to look at the Merrell line of boots. Most are very durable and also provide good ventilation and taller tops to protect ankles from torquing. Merrell...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » boots or shoes for philmont?
June 13, 11:38am

Re: Re: Merino Wool L/S Zip
Eric: I own a pair of Tops and Bottoms Woolies. The only negative comment I could make would be that the top which is a LS 1/3 zip mock design is skin tight -- and I do mean skin tight. You can sn...

In GEAR » Merino Wool L/S Zip
June 13, 11:26am

Re: Stoves, Tents and Carbon Monoxide - Deadly or not? Part 4: Measurements on Alcohol Stoves
Roger: The designers of the Caldera stove often write about the integration of the two elements of the kit: the burner and the cone. They point out that they have been designed to work together. I...

In Editor's Roundtable » Stoves, Tents and Carbon Monoxide - Deadly or not? Part 4: Measurements on Alcohol Stoves
June 13, 11:09am

Re: Big Sky Update
Either Ron Moak or Henry will be the type who deliver on their promises. email Henry or Ron and ask about your needs. Trust that their tents will deliver the performance you want. Their tents are a...

June 05, 1:48pm

Re: Re: Stephenson Warmlite and weirdness
Check the review on the Exped Downmat in the reader reviews.

In GEAR » stephensen 2x warmlite tents
June 04, 9:31pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Backpacker and Big Sky
I just noticed that this forum has heated up again about Kristin and BP Magazine and its review and award to BS for its tents. I detect heat on both Kristin's and some on the posters' side...

June 03, 10:12pm

All Reader Reviews by Mitchell Keil

Showing 1 - 10 of 20 | Page: 1 2

Review

Category

Terra Nova Laser Photon
Please remove this "Non-Review" ADDED 9/27/2007 No problem. We all make mistakes. Thanks you

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
September 26, 11:41am

Probar Energy Bar
I was about to write my own review of these wonderbars, when Shawn beat me to it. I have been enjoying these 350 calorie bars for about 3 months and have been using them as my lunch on the trail. The...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
September 19, 11:51am

Drop Stoppers Microporous Polypropylene Rainsuit
Adding my two cents. Bottom Line on this inexpensive "Rain" suit: I got soaked clear through under my shoulder straps on a windy blow trying to get over New Army Pass two summers ago. ...

In Clothing - Raingear
September 09, 11:24am

Granite Gear Latitude Vapor
Reviewer Stats: Age = 58 Weight = 175 lbs Height = 6'3" Build = Athletic Waist = 34" Backpacking Experience = 30+ years Pack: Latitude Vapor Weight = 42oz size large Waist bel...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 03, 1:25pm

Solomon XA Comp 3D
Personal Statistics: Age: 58 Weight: 175 pounds Height: 6'3" Backpacking experience: 30 plus years Product statistics: weight: 25 ounces. Size: 12. Insoles: S...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
July 05, 1:45pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Personal Specs: Age: 58 Height: 6'3" Weight: 175lbs Backpacking experience: 30+ years I ordered these 7.75oz per pole all carbon trekking poles on a Monday and they arrived from the UK...

In Trekking Poles
July 02, 10:24pm

Montbell U.L.AlpineBurrow Bag #3 Long
Personal stats: age: 58. Weight: 175 pounds Height: 6'3" backpacking experience: 30 years plus. Fitness level: athletic. This is a review of the Mont Bell, Alpine burrow bag number #3...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
June 29, 1:23pm

Exped Downmat 7
I have used the Downmat 7 Shorty for 2 years now. I live in Southern CA and use it both here and in the Sierras. My scale indicates that the pad itself weighs 21oz and the foam lined stuff sack/inflat...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 25, 4:58pm

Trail Designs Caldera Stove
Executive Summary: Of all the alcohol stoves ...

In Stoves - Alcohol
March 27, 3:23pm

Organic Food Bar Omega3 Flax
I posted this review baack on 2/22/2006 in a discussion about Big Sur Bars. I guess it more properly belongs here: OK, since we are considering highly dense nutritious and TASTY food bars, I thought ...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
March 27, 1:47pm