BPL Community Profile

mik matra (mikmik) - BPL Guest

My Locale Allways on the move
About Me Took me 5 or 6 trips to go from 20+ kilo baseweight to 6.7kg...finally I feel comfortable out in the country :).
CityBrisvegas
StateQueensland
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by mik matra

Showing 121 - 130 of 266 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...27

Forum » Thread

got it
Valcro straps it is then :). I just can't see seam sealing stripes holding pillow in place properly. It doesn't hold my mat in place on the shelter floor wit all my body weight on it so I t...

In GEAR » how do you stop pillow sliding off sleeping mat
January 10, 4:59pm

Re: What bottles?
"What do you guys use to carry water? Anyone else on the bumper-sticker-covered Nalgene bottle train? ;)" I use the 1.5L plastic water bottles. They easily last a few weekend trips sin...

In GEAR » Where does durability win over light weight?
January 10, 1:20pm

response to the original question
when you are days from help/safety. Going on a weekend trip into the hills I am willing to play the durability game 'with most items' but if it affects my safety I back down. Water carry...

In GEAR » Where does durability win over light weight?
January 10, 1:10pm

how do you stop pillow sliding off sleeping mat
I have a synmat pad and the pillows I have used/tried all slide off after the first move and my sleep is greatly affected. The synmat pad and all the pillows all seem to have slippery materials so ...

In GEAR » how do you stop pillow sliding off sleeping mat
January 10, 3:57am

plastic coating
Hmmmm that poses a new challange...

In GEAR » Aluminum Vs Titatanium pots-why does Ti cost so much more??
January 08, 5:05pm

Re: Pots
A thin Alu pot like an empty beer pot is far less weight per Liter/fluid ounce than Ti though it is finicky. Some beer pots come with ridges on the side walls like the Suluk46 that increases the ri...

In GEAR » Aluminum Vs Titatanium pots-why does Ti cost so much more??
January 08, 4:41pm

pot gripper
Been thinking to fashion one out of neoprene. It would bouble as an insulator to keep coffee/tea/hot chocolate warm longer on cold mornings/nights. Not sure of weight though it can't be so much...

In GEAR » Is there a lighter Ti cook system than this???
January 08, 3:12pm

basplate
isn't the basplate a heat reflector in case you are on cold wet ground? I suppose that could be replaced by Alu foil as well.

January 08, 2:31pm

Is there a lighter Ti cook system than this???
Notice I said Ti AND system. The lightest Ti system I have found (forwarded to me by a memeber on here, thankyou)is the Lite Trail Ti solid fuel cook system. Here it is for your vewing pleasure ...

January 08, 2:25pm

pictures to come
Newton, I am busy for the next few days but will endeavour to get some pictures up on PBL on the weekend. Thanks for you time :). Mik.

In GEAR » how come esbit is not more popular?
January 02, 1:40am

All Reader Reviews by mik matra

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Circuit
1. After a few trips I have come to the conclusion that I plainly and simply just don't like the rolltop closure. When the bag is very full it won't even close up properly as there is not enou...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 19, 6:47am