BPL Community Profile

Michael Cheifetz (mike_hefetz) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Israel
About Me Michael Cheifetz has not added a biography yet.
CityTA
CountryIsrael

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Cheifetz

Showing 121 - 130 of 414 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...42

Forum » Thread

thanks! and some thoughts and data
guys - thanks alot for the input...its a appreciated. As per what you all said - indeed breakfast was not enough (we were pressed for time and i couldnt shove enough in :) re hydration - without ...

In GEAR » what am i doing wrong (AKA I am cold and wet :(
November 05, 12:21pm

hmm
@justin - could be. in reality it could have been 40F and a slightly stronger wind (cause temps changed during the day from around 30F at 4AM to 45F in afternoon and we took off probabaly at 8A...

November 05, 6:03am

10x
@richard 10x....now i just need to figure out where i rent one (maybe "borrow" a thermal cam from my reserve duty unit.... Mike

In GEAR » GTX paclite DWR issues
November 05, 6:00am

great stuff !
RJ Im not a packrafter and wil prob never be (no rivers here to practice on :) but this was a great atmosphere piece that combined good looking vid and edit, nice commentary, gripping story and ju...

In Editor's Roundtable » 24 Hours: Packrafting the Grande Ronde River
November 05, 3:08am

what am i doing wrong (AKA I am cold and wet :(
temp is around 45F ish wind is noticable but not SUPER strong ( maybe 6~12 MPH) no precip im climbing up Mulhacen (3479m @ sierra nevada spain) with crampons etc in snow/ice. last 500m of elevat...

November 05, 3:02am

GTX paclite DWR issues
I own an arcteryx Alpha SL paclite jacket. I bought it in 2005 but it has seen relatively little use an is iin good shape (at least visually) last hike in the spanish sierra nevada I used the j...

In GEAR » GTX paclite DWR issues
November 05, 1:51am

updates + roger is sacred
some updates - i made a bit more testing with some weight and indeed some lines slipped (by no means comprehensive testing) - specifically the zpacks 100% dyneema slips - this is maybe to be expect...

In GEAR » what lines work with the Lineloc 3 ladder?
November 05, 1:10am

Hmmm.. Don't like mud
Just thinking of using them for general hiking. The "guide" model are mid height. The reason I liked them is that they fit me well - which isn't trivial for my flat foot. But if in...

In GEAR » Experience with Five Ten camp4 and guide shoes
October 23, 3:17am

Experience with Five Ten camp4 and guide shoes
Looked at these in a shop and they felt quite comfortable. They also said the "stealth" rubber is gripper than vibram. Any experience with these shoes? Mike

In GEAR » Experience with Five Ten camp4 and guide shoes
October 20, 2:06pm

thanks! contact lenses solved it :)
I have small dropper bottles but really hard to get cream into them. the contact lens container works a charm! Thanks all Mike

In GEAR » How do you store cream medication on the trail
October 17, 7:39am

All Reader Reviews by Michael Cheifetz

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

MLD XP Quilt 21 0z. Climashield
I have older 2009 XP model (as opposed to the Spirit) with 2.5 Osy Climashield. This would correspond to the 48F model he has. I have the wide model + eVent strip at head and footbox. Carftsmenship...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
December 20, 8:49am

MLD XP Quilt 21 0z. Climashield
I have older 2009 XP model (as opposed to the Spirit) with 2.5 Osy Climashield. This would correspond to the 48F model he has. I have the wide model + eVent strip at head and footbox. Carftsmenship...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
December 20, 8:06am

Ronald Turnbull The Book of the Bivvy. Cicerone: UK 2nd. ed. 2007
Jeremy above is right in many ways - it is indeed more of a quirky idiosyncratic book that mixes poetry, psychology and anecdotal facts about bivy and the scottish highlands. In that light it could sc...

In Books and Media
January 02, 5:50am