BPL Community Profile

Michael Fogarty (mfog1) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me Michael Fogarty has not added a biography yet.
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Fogarty

Showing 121 - 130 of 775 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...78

Forum » Thread

Too large?
Well, I hope I didn't make the wrong choice going over-sized with my new Bristlecone bivy. I was going from a Ti-Goat bivy, that's a couple of years old and slightly small for me, in regard...

In GEAR » Pinon/Bristlecone Katabatic Bivy fits 2.5" Pad and WM Antelope?
May 22, 1:55pm

wide
This won't help you, but my wide 6'6" Bristlecone should be arriving on Monday. I can give you feed back on this size, if your interested. One of the reasons I went with the wide,long ...

In GEAR » Pinon/Bristlecone Katabatic Bivy fits 2.5" Pad and WM Antelope?
May 22, 10:20am

No
No, always get a pack that has some type of frame, be it single or dual stayed or a molded one, ie some Granite Gear packs. You'll appreciate it, when you need to hump a heavier load.

In GEAR » Frameless packs right for me?
May 17, 12:50pm

Living the dream
Already have my dream gear, just need more free time to use it. Ack! Packs: McHale Merkebeiner ULA Circuit Soon: Chris Zimmer pack :) Tarp/tent: MLD Grace Duo Spinntex tarp, with or witho...

In GEAR » Lets build a dream gear list
May 10, 11:45am

not really for me but..........
For me personally, I'd rather carry a small backpack, but can see where this would really shine in hot weather. I just placed an order for an Orange X-Pac,backpack, similar to Chris Graff'...

In GEAR » Half pack - initial impressions
May 09, 8:12pm

Sold
Quilt is sold to Roger M.

In Gear Swap » FS: Katabatic Gear Sawatch
May 06, 3:38pm

PM ?
Roger, I don't know why, but I didn't get your PM email me at mfog1@att.net

May 06, 11:36am

Price drop !
Price drop $275.00 shipped mfog1@att.net

May 06, 10:28am

Awesome stuff Chris !
Wow, where did you learn to sew/craft Chris, your stuff looks Great.I really like your Orange X-Pac fabric backpack that's for sale over at GearSwap.

In GEAR » A cooler back is a happy back - Thanks Piper
May 06, 10:21am

weight and type of load?
Guess its depends on your maximum average loads? I have a 43" circ Chasm for trips of 5-7 days or longer, with a bear can,(50lbs) and a Merkebeiner for trips up to 5 days (30lbs) without a bea...

In GEAR » Ryan Jordan's McHale Pack
May 05, 11:47am

All Reader Reviews by Michael Fogarty

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

McHale Chasm
I bought my McHale Chasm pack to be my one and only do-all pack, and I've not been disappointed in the least. First off, the workmanship is second to none. Next and most importantly is the fit. ...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
November 14, 11:39pm

ULA Ohm
As with all of ULA's gear, their workmanship is excellent. Load transfer is good, and I could remove .9L plattys, from the side pockets, without needing to remove the pack. I would have scored th...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 14, 8:29pm

Mountain Laurel Designs Zip
I just recently received my Zip pack, delivered as promised, within 8 weeks. First off the workmanship is probably the best I've seen, easily on par with ULA. The Green Sil-nylon is thicker th...

In Backpacks - Frameless
August 22, 5:32pm