Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Max Dilthey (mdilthey) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale MaxTheCyclist.com
About Me 24 year old backpacker, cyclist, and university outing club leader. As an environmental science major, I have been making the outdoors the priority of my existence since 2011.
StateMA
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://www.MaxTheCyclist.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Max Dilthey

Showing 121 - 130 of 2791 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...280

Forum » Thread

Grey Tent
Yeah, Cuben breaks the bank. if I was gonna get a grey shelter, I'd likely go with a Tarptent Contrail. My girl and I can squeeze in there, as a wide pitch comes out to be about the space of a ...

In GEAR » Two-person stealth camping?
July 25, 11:20am

Sierra Designs Users, come forward!
Bump, I want this information too.

In GEAR » Anyone have experience with the new Sierra Designs Lightning 2 or 3?
July 25, 11:16am

White Mountains / Pemigewasset Wilderness Pack List
I should be headed to Pemi sometime early this fall. It'll get cold pretty quick up in the Whites, so my temperature range for this loadout plans for temps to dip below freezing at night. h...

In Gear Lists » White Mountains / Pemigewasset Wilderness Pack List
July 25, 8:40am

Two-person stealth camping?
Ok, I often stealth camp on bike tours, almost always in legal spots, but it pays to keep a low profile when you're carrying all your stuff with you. Now I'm traveling with my girlfriend. W...

In GEAR » Two-person stealth camping?
July 24, 6:04pm

No Judging!
I didn't expect an inquisition... I'm outfitting a friend, I think I'm giving her my Z-Lite and I'll roll a ridgerest. Thanks for the recommendations! I went with the Thermarest ...

In GEAR » Suggest a foam pad!
July 24, 12:25pm

Toe Socks +1
Smartwool Toe Socks last forever (the PHD versions are 40% nylon, 60% wool) and they eliminate blisters. Takes an extra minute to put them on, but worth it IMO.

In GEAR » Sock liner?
July 24, 11:11am

Trail Dog of Any Size.
My second cousin in Burlington goes backpacking and camping with his girlfriend's chihuaua. This dog redefined stereotypes for me. It runs 6 miles a day and backpacks any length of time and ...

In GEAR » Ultra light dog food
July 23, 4:17pm

Lantern
This is neat. I picked it up last year: It's a drybag from Mammut that doubles as a lantern. It's not the lightest drybag available, but for a small weight penalty, my girlfriend for...

In GEAR » YOUR TENT DOODADS?
July 23, 4:08pm

Quotas
The banana hammocks do a great job of keeping the sleeping pad in place. I guess I don't move much. Say, Ian, where the heck are my used underwear jokes?!

In GEAR » New Hammock Company, Made in USA, 5.2oz Single Hammock
July 23, 8:44am

Low Weight
Dale, I defy you! (Slightly) My hammock setup for my 2013 canada tour used the following: Grand Trunk Nano 7: 7oz (Hummingbird is 5.2oz) MLD UL Hammock Tarp: 4.7oz Tree Straps: 4oz (...

In GEAR » New Hammock Company, Made in USA, 5.2oz Single Hammock
July 23, 7:57am

All Reader Reviews by Max Dilthey

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Kelty backpacks redwing 3100, red cloud 6650
I have two packs; a lightweight pack and a big, indestructible monster. It's good to have something reliable to fall back on for deep winter, or trips where you're carrying extra gear for some...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
February 02, 5:52am

Boreas Men's Buttermilk 40
Fit: This bag has a superb fit that places more pressure on your lower back, which distributes weight to the hips and keeps your upper back cool. I was impressed with how well this pack vented, even w...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
November 24, 7:19pm