Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Erin McKittrick (mckittre) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Seldovia, Alaska
About Me Finished up a 4000 mile, year-long, human-powered Journey on the Wild Coast. From Seattle to the Aleutians by foot, packraft, and skis.

www.GroundTruthTrekking.org
My Website URLhttp://www.groundtruthtrekking.org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Erin McKittrick

Showing 121 - 129 of 129 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Forum » Thread

Re: fire starter idea
The paper soaked in paraffin wax works quite well. I do this all the time (with paper towel rather than newspapaer), and it takes only a tiny piece to get a fire started. I've recently become...

In GEAR » Fire starter idea
November 29, 12:37pm

mesh deformation
My husband and I have been experimenting with mesh backpacks lately. These are great for packrafting and other wet exploits, since you need a drybag inside to keep your critical stuff dry anyway, ...

In GEAR » onion bag backpack
November 28, 3:56pm

Re: SUL and Enviornment
I think backpackers (SUL or otherwise), are probably more likely than average to be pro-environment, due to their experiences in the wilderness. If they then use that lightweight philosophy to...

In Philosophy & Technique » SUL and Enviornment
November 25, 5:30pm

why not break new ground?
The discussion of how far it's possible to go without resupply is interesting. But I'm curious - why such a focus on preexisting trails (like the PCT and AT)? If you're going to be crossing roa...

In Philosophy & Technique » Unsupported/Unresupplied/Thru-Hikes
November 25, 5:12pm

Re: wet environment clothing
Sounds like I'm going to have to get a hold of some of these different options you've all mentioned and go off packrafting in the Olympic Mtns. this winter... I'm probably not going to go with P...

In GEAR » wet environment clothing
November 23, 3:02pm

Re: wet environment clothing
Thanks for the thoughts everyone. For my uses, the insulation itself needs to deal with water. It's not just for camp (I have a sleeping bag there). I find I need it most when packrafting (oft...

November 22, 1:08pm

wet environment clothing
I'm planning a big (Seattle to the Aleutians) trip next year, and thinking about clothing. What I usually do seems a little different than the conventional wisdom here, so I was curious what y...

November 21, 5:53pm

mailing food
Thanks for your thoughts (and the compliments on my website). In the past, I have prepared and mailed all of my food ahead to post offices. And it looks like I'll probably be stuck with doi...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Grocery store options
November 14, 3:33pm

Grocery store options
Hello. New to this forum, and hoping you might havae some useful thoughts for me. On long (a few weeks to a few months) trips in the past, I've prepared most of my food beforehand. So I had ac...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Grocery store options
November 13, 12:57pm

All Reader Reviews by Erin McKittrick

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

MLD Supermid 2010
Simple. Roomy. Effective. Hig and I spent a year living in t...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
July 20, 12:19pm