BPL Community Profile

Michael B (mbenvenuto) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Vermont
About Me Michael B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael B

Showing 121 - 130 of 207 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

belay jacket
I think the softshell is fine as an outer layer and will be more comfortable then wearing the hardshell. Whether you carry a hardshell for emergency use/extra protection is a tougher question. Fo...

In GEAR » winter layering system
February 01, 8:37am

schoeller mateials
I have never heard of "schoeller dynamic extreme" although that is not to say it doesn't exist. There is "schoeller dryskin extreme" which is the heavier version of dryskin...

In GEAR » Epic breathability
January 30, 11:37am

Daks snowshoeing
It is going to be bitterly cold this week. It depends in part in how where you are going and how far and high you go (are you summitting?). Cellphone coverage (not on your list) can be really spo...

In Gear Lists » Gear List: Snowshoeing day hikes in the Adirondacks
January 13, 2:54pm

bugs
I watched the video and it does look like the arctic in terms of swarms. The susie bug net is 12 oz (not sure what weighs so much, but it is probably high quality). But if this is right, the $12 ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » bugs
January 10, 9:50pm

black flies
I don't know anything about Greenland, but do know bugs. I can usually deal with mosquitos, but black flies can drive you crazy. Since black flies are listed as a major problem (as well as mo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » bugs
January 10, 9:39am

fenix L1D
I also have the L1D (and the L2D body). I don't hike at night very much, but when I have the low is too low (but would work ok), and medium is about right. The high/turbo is so bright that it...

In GEAR » Lumens for NightTime Hiking?
January 08, 8:35pm

ibex
Ibex has some with a relaxed fit that come in XL and XXL. the nelson for example: http://www.ibexwear.com/shop/ProductDetail.php?GID=1154&VID=13695&Product=Nelson-17.5-L/S

In GEAR » Merino Wool outer layer?
January 07, 3:48pm

climb high
I can't tell if something is going on at beyondfleece, since their order times are now 6 weeks (too much demand?), but they have also dropped a bunch of jackets they used to offer and features....

In GEAR » Which windshirt for 3 season alpine touring?
November 10, 9:29pm

softshell
My impression is that best overall choice for what you want is a softshell. You have the TNF apex, so I do wonder what about that doesn't work, or how that is too warm and heavy. The term &quo...

In GEAR » Which windshirt for 3 season alpine touring?
November 10, 9:14pm

Filtering at the Grand Canyon
I have only been there once, and that was in May, and only for a few nights by the river. The river was brown and muddy and cold. But I don't remember any major trouble filtering it. I use t...

In GEAR » Grand Canyon Water
November 08, 6:38pm

All Reader Reviews by Michael B

Michael B has posted no reviews.