BPL Community Profile

Matt Foehrenbacher (matt_f) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Matt Foehrenbacher hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Matt Foehrenbacher has not added a biography yet.
Cityminneapolis
StateMinnesota
My PDF Gear ListWinter Lightweight List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Matt Foehrenbacher

Showing 121 - 130 of 182 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Forum » Thread

Final two days on the BRT
We were out of camp a little after seven in the morning (not all that easy to do when it is this cold and wet...), and were off to the ridges of the BRT. A shot of mountain lake, just before T...

In Post-Trip Reports » SHT and the Border Route Trail, MN
May 12, 11:19am

BRT trip report
I had foolishly set up my shelter high and exposed to the winds and heavy rain that began wipping through the Swamp River valley. The hood of my water-resistant (momentum) bivy sack started to get...

May 12, 10:41am

SHT and the Border Route Trail, MN
Ok Minnesotans: this one is for you.... For a few years I've had the Border Route Trail on my radar but haven't been able to find much information about it and was generally told not to ...

May 12, 10:02am

closet cleaning
PM sent about coleman xtreme stove with canisters....i'll take it if it is in good working condition. Matt

In Gear Swap » My first closet cleaning
April 29, 7:56pm

rain shorts
I'm also surprised to see so many people dismiss the idea of rain shorts: some people say bring rain pants, some say they aren't necessary. I've found rain shorts can be a very light a...

In Philosophy & Technique » rain shorts? ...possible or just plain stupid?
April 08, 4:45pm

winter gear
Jeffrey - I've gotten into winter camping over the past few years and have been using a nimbus meridian pack as well. I think it works great as a winter pack for the length of trips you'...

In GEAR » Winter gear
March 29, 7:16pm

What size Swift?
Hi Travis - Thanks for giving us all such a thorough rundown of your Swift: now I'm considering buying one as well. That brings me to my question: you noted that you are about 5'11&...

In GEAR » SMD new '10 Swift pack is shipping!
March 28, 10:23am

Whitney Down Parka finished....almost.
On friday evening I all but finished my parka in time for a quick trip to Minnesota's North Shore with my girlfriend over the weekend. I haven't added a waist or hood draw cord yet, but th...

In Make Your Own Gear » Down hood for thru-hiker.com whitney jacket
March 22, 3:30pm

VB Experiment
Roger - I may have misinterpreted, but I think Evan may be talking about using the sil-nylon tarp as a quilt/blanket inside of his bivy on his living room floor. In other words, he's not t...

In Make Your Own Gear » VB Experiment
March 09, 3:31pm

Spinn Twinn and 2 Net Tents
Christopher - I don't have direct experience here, but I have made my own two-person cuben tarp with very similar dimensions to the spinn twin, and also a net tent the same size as an MLD s...

In GEAR » Spinn Twinn and 2 Net Tents
March 03, 12:10pm

All Reader Reviews by Matt Foehrenbacher

Matt Foehrenbacher has posted no reviews.