BPL Community Profile

Roleigh Martin (marti124) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Moderator-JohnMuirTrail Yahoo Group
About Me Formerly from MN and NY, now in Reno, NV, I have been hiking every summer in the High Sierra since 2000. From 2000-2007, we did the High Sierra Trail (HST). Been doing the John Muir Trail since then, every year. I am the lead moderator for the JohnMuirTrail@YahooGroups.com for 2011-2013. I organized groups (without charge) for the JMT, 2008-2011 for the hike I participated in (from 5 to 8 people). I'm doing a JMT 2014 group hike again. See my Google Profile for more and top links on a variety of topics (click on "My Website URL above").
CityReno
StateNV
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttps://plus.google.com/+RoleighMartin/about
My PDF Gear ListMy gear list as of 4/3/2010

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Roleigh Martin

Showing 121 - 130 of 1023 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...103

Forum » Thread

Re: WTB-Zpacks Hexamid
I have a new duo Hexamid tarp with the extended beak and seam sealed, I'm willing to sell. Never been used except to setup for seam sealing. It does not have the insect netting though.

In Gear Swap » WTB-Zpacks Hexamid
June 14, 1:31pm

Why are the Kifaru packs considered frameless backpacks?
I was really surprised to see the Kifaru packs considered frameless backpacks. I know the stays are removeable, that's because one has a choice of either of two stay lengths, but your definiti...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Frameless Backpacks State of the Market Report 2011: Part 1 – Choosing and Using a Frameless Pack
June 09, 8:33pm

Re: Find me some 1oz baseball hat competition...
Bryce, I'm looking for an ultralight visor too. I wonder if this one is lighter: http://www.e4hats.com/_e/Moisture_Wicking_Visor/product/mw002vc-white/Moisture_Wicking_Visor_White.htm

In GEAR » Find me some 1oz baseball hat competition...
June 05, 11:29pm

Re: Treatment Bottle for a Steripen
What about the Ziploc Twist-N-Loc Quart Container? It weighs 1.9 oz with a lid and it can be used to make shakes in too. I've communicated many times with Steripen tech support and the Ste...

In Make Your Own Gear » Treatment Bottle for a Steripen
May 24, 9:40pm

Re: Saw it
My only concern is on the JMT last year the one night we had a superstorm (worst in 11 years I've hiked in the High Sierras), I stupidly got in the tent with my girl friend which was a Spinnake...

In GEAR » Deciding between BearPaw Cub Den 1.5, Zpacks Hexamid (I chose Cub Den, here are the pics and initial setup)
May 20, 4:29pm

Re: .51
If the Hexamid is .51 then that is fine for strength. I wonder what the water impermeability difference is between .51 and .74 though. Did you see that other thread about how cuben fiber under so...

In GEAR » Deciding between BearPaw Cub Den 1.5, Zpacks Hexamid (I chose Cub Den, here are the pics and initial setup)
May 20, 4:16pm

Re: Pls. Clarify
Thanks Bryce, did you go with the .74 cuben fiber or .51 cuben fiber thickness? I forget what the Zpacks Cuben Fiber equivalent thickness is (I have the duo hexamid tent myself by Zpacks).

May 20, 12:25pm

Re: Deciding between BearPaw Cub Den 1.5, Zpacks Hexamid (I chose Cub Den, here are the pics and initial setup)
Bryce, explain those two options on the BearPaw tent. Are they opposite (you order one, you can't order the other) or do you click "add to cart", choose other option and "click ...

May 20, 12:14pm

Re: You could dig around on this site...
Al, in your first sentence the word "here" is that about SpecialtyOutDoors or BackPackingLight? I presume the here in the last sentence is about SpecialtyOutDoors. Thanks.

In Make Your Own Gear » reliable, simple, affordable, jam-free sewing machine?
May 17, 7:22pm

Re: reliable, simple, jam-free sewing machine?
Roger, what search terms would you use on Ebay to find such second-hand sewing machines? "Singer" is too broad as it would catch a lot of models with electronics. I'm a little surpr...

In Make Your Own Gear » reliable, simple, affordable, jam-free sewing machine?
May 17, 4:04pm

All Reader Reviews by Roleigh Martin

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

zpacks Company
I have bought many items from Zpacks, including some new items he started carrying as a result of my orders, such as the large size pack cover; the 1000 cu inch zero pack; and he provided a customized...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
November 16, 10:49pm

MSR Mountain Safety Research HyperFlow microfilter
Thanks to these reviews mentioning the problems and the recall issue, I called MSR up and found out I had a problem element and I was mailed a replacement. I won't be able to determine how good i...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
March 25, 2:02pm

Leukotape P Sports Tape
Andrew Skurka spoke in Minneapolis today at the Outdoor Expo and I took down his notes on foot care and found some links, including this thread. He recommends shoes that keep your feet cool (he u...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
April 26, 11:31pm

Bear Boxer 101 Contender
Can you please provide a link for the Bear Boxer 101 Contender? Thank you. Never mind -- I found the link, I presume it is here: http://www.bareboxer.com/products.htm

In Miscellaneous Products
May 23, 6:43pm