BPL Community Profile

Stuart . (lotuseater) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Where the air is thin
About Me Stuart . has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stuart .

Showing 121 - 130 of 669 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...67

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Sleep comfort: Neoair Alternative?
That was a new BAIAC circa 2009. I was using an optimistically rated 15F bag that I've since switched out for a WM Alpinlite, and wearing Cap 2, which is my normal sleep wear and the standard I...

In GEAR » Sleep comfort: Neoair Alternative?
October 03, 11:06pm

Re: Sleep comfort: Neoair Alternative?
My first inflatable pad was a Big Agnes Insulated Air Core. Compared with the current generation of pads, it's heavy and doesn't insulate well despite the name. Below 40F I was starting to ...

In GEAR » Sleep comfort: Neoair Alternative?
October 03, 10:07pm

Re: Made their $$$ for the year already
The same can't be said for towns around other NPs. Estes Park, CO was hit hard by the floods last month, and just as they were starting to get back on their feet for the influx of leaf peepers ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Mt. Whitney after Government Shutdown
October 03, 9:34pm

Innernet
PM'd earlier in case you'd consider selling the innernet separately from the Supermid.

In Gear Swap » FS: MLD Supermid and Innernet
September 26, 3:10pm

Re: New Golite Bitterroot with Downtek
Just saw that. Curious they would list the total weight in oz (13) but the down fill in grams (150). Other than the use of Downtek, I wonder whether they made any design changes since last season.

In GEAR » New Golite Bitterroot with Downtek
September 26, 2:31pm

Randy's floor
Art, Randy told me he uses the Zpacks twin cuben fibre bathtub in his SoloMid. Here's what he said in a PM: "I tied zpacks thinnest shock cord to the center tie on each side of the grou...

In GEAR » Cuben Solomid Features
September 25, 3:37pm

SoloMid weight
Ron changed the reinforcing patches on high stress points for all of his cuben shelters and bivies to add durability. I no longer have a cuben SoloMid but the cuben DuoMid I bought earlier this yea...

In GEAR » Cuben Solomid Features
September 24, 8:46am

Re: 4P Mid
Ian - No need to use a separate centre pole if you use trekking poles, just understand with a 70"+ height, you'll need to lash two poles together to get the necessary pitch. As for...

In Gear Swap » WTB: tarptent hogback or similar
September 11, 1:12am

4P Mid
Ian - I have an MLD SuperMid with perimeter bug mesh that I use with a .600 carbon fibre pole from Ruta Locura. It's not for sale, sorry, but I wanted to share my experiences with it. The ...

In Gear Swap » WTB: tarptent hogback or similar
September 10, 4:05pm

Re: West Cross Creek Loop, Holy Cross Wilderness
Sweet report, Tim. I'm chomping at the bit for a trip this weekend. This wasn't last weekend by any chance? I was in Breckenridge and the weekend was a complete washout. 5 hours of to...

In Post-Trip Reports » West Cross Creek Loop, Holy Cross Wilderness
August 29, 10:31pm

All Reader Reviews by Stuart .

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs
I had to cancel an order I placed a couple of weeks ago with Ron. He was very gracious, no argument on his end or attempt to persuade me not to cancel, and my refund came through within 24 hours. To...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 21, 7:52am