BPL Community Profile

Stuart . (lotuseater) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale 40°N,-105°W-ish
About Me Stuart . has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stuart .

Showing 121 - 130 of 765 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...77

Forum » Thread

Re: Day hikes near Denver
Try REI for snowshoe rentals. And keep your eyes on the SNOTEL snowpack reports in the next couple of weeks. That should give you an idea whether we're still accumulating the fresh stuff (which...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Day hikes near Denver?
March 24, 9:16pm

Re: Titanium Sand/Snow Stakes
Having trashed a Hilleberg snow and sand peg on its first use last night, I'm up for an alternative. Let me know what the decision is for holes / no holes, and whether you plan to include stee...

In Gear Deals » Titanium Sand/Snow Stakes
March 23, 10:44pm

Re: Oooknest
Good luck with your search. Seems like the used market is the fastest way to source one of his products.

In Gear Swap » WTB: Oooksworks Oooknest for Duomid
March 22, 8:52am

re: rei dividends
My best year for an REI dividend was my worst year on the trail. I had so much unnecessary crap and I carried it all. Since joining BPL and figuring out what to avoid, my dividend has been pitifu...

In GEAR » Rei dividends are here =)
March 20, 8:43pm

Re: Length of poles for duomid A frame setup
I followed Clayton Mauritzen's advice and tried a set of Black Diamond Traverse poles, the large size, which extends to 155cm. They are just about long enough to use for an inverted V setup un...

In GEAR » duomid with two people
March 20, 1:01pm

Colorado SNOTEL
Take a look at the SNOTEL snowpack graphs for the major basins in Colorado at http://www.nrcs.usda.gov/wps/portal/nrcs/detail/co/snow/products/?cid=nrcs144p2_063323 You'll see that although ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Trip Ideas - Utah or Western Colorado in June
March 19, 10:10pm

Re: WM Terralite/Alpinlite vs. FF Penguin/Swallow
For three season in OH, do you need a ~20F bag, or would a 30F bag be more suitable? I guess it depends how long your seasons run. Here in Colorado I use my 20F Alpinlite year round, supplemented...

In GEAR » WM Terralite/Alpinlite vs. FF Penguin/Swallow
March 19, 6:51pm

Re: F.S. or Trade Integral Designs All Event Bivy\Overbag
Stephen - I can't believe that someone hasn't snatched your hand off to claim this yet. Winter's not done yet, and this is the ideal bivy to deal with spindrift minus the condensation ...

In Gear Swap » F.S. or Trade Integral Designs All Event Bivy\Overbag
March 19, 6:39pm

WM
"seen new bags from WM lately ?" "No innovation from them, I havent even seen a quilt from them." How about the Terralite? It's the first bag in the Extremelite range...

In GEAR » How useful is waterproof down in a sleeping bag?
March 17, 10:26pm

RL carbon stakes
I broke one in semi-frozen and rocky ground in Lost Creek Wilderness CO last November. Definitely the wrong peg for the conditions, but also operator error - it snapped in half when I put too push ...

In GEAR » Anyone used Ruta Locura carbon stakes?
March 15, 1:48pm

All Reader Reviews by Stuart .

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs
I had to cancel an order I placed a couple of weeks ago with Ron. He was very gracious, no argument on his end or attempt to persuade me not to cancel, and my refund came through within 24 hours. To...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 21, 7:52am