BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 121 - 130 of 1520 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...152

Forum » Thread

sleep
Earplugs, miles, and an inflatable pad.

In GEAR » Sleep aids
February 07, 9:42pm

baselayer bottoms
If it doesnt say pattagucci or come from REI, some folks dont want anything to do with it. Under Armor Base 1.0 in Medium weighs 3.16 oz. Is that light enough? It also breathes extremely well, ...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Do sub 3.0 oz baselayer bottoms actually exist?
February 07, 9:35pm

Hardest
As Tom Petty put it, "The wai-ai-ting is the hardest part" The second hardest part, is learning basics about the area, finding what maps are needed, finding what travel arrangements c...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Pre-trip Planning
February 05, 6:47pm

process
NPS websites have a reputation for being horrible, and contain little real information. For instance, when I have wanted a simple map of national forest campground before, I have had to call and...

In Pre-Trip Planning » JMT Permit Process
February 04, 6:16pm

LYV
Ranger specifically told me you could go past LYV on a LYV permit, and camp near Halfdome junction. I thought you had to camp at LYV too. These permits are mostly intended for people climbing h...

February 04, 3:26am

permits
" I realize that they want to preserve the wilderness from overuse, but 6 a day for a trip that most will spend 168 days in preparing for their trip in terms of planning for time off, transpor...

February 03, 8:28pm

Nope
adblock plus. No ads on websites, yahoo, google, etc. Life is sweet.

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Anyone else seeing ads...
February 03, 7:47pm

combined
You do the #1 on a rock before you go to do the #2 in the privy, greatly reduces any mistakes. A clean mouldering privy has virtually no smell, ones people have peed in smell like youd expect a ce...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Toilet Paper
February 03, 7:45pm

process
If they had an open online system, like INYO, it would be overwhelmed in the seconds that the permit process was open. The first 50 lucky people would get permits, and no one else would. Someone ...

February 03, 5:18pm

scale
really depends on what you want to weigh. I have two. A little one that weighs 0-500g And a bigger kitchen one that weighs up to 11 lbs 99% of my weighing is on the little one. We...

In GEAR » Looking for a cheap, good scale.
February 03, 5:05pm

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm