Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Guest

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 121 - 130 of 1956 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...196

Forum » Thread

cal and distance
Calorie burned will always be somewhat guesswork. Maps work fine for distance. Weightloss vs calorie intake will give expenditure. Or, assume 100 cal per mile on flat ground, maybe 150 on ...

In GEAR » What do you use to keep track of distance travelled/steps taken/calories burned on a thru hike?
January 30, 7:08pm

Best is a 4 letter word. I like my zelph flat bottom foster pot, mesh pot stand, tealight stove, flashing windscreen. About 1.9 oz all together. 1.95 with a square of al foil i put under it.

In GEAR » Alcohol Solo Cook Set (Best and Lightest)
January 29, 9:50pm

Bread bags

In GEAR » Alternatives to Rocky Gore Socks
January 29, 9:02pm

down wash
First, dont be afraid. Second, your choice is to wash it, or live with a non-lofting smelly bag. Pretty much limited worth, so realize if you dont wash it, its no longer worth $400. Like not fi...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » NikWax, anyone used it?
January 28, 8:56pm

Drops have never been that accurate, but it also doesnt really need to be. Last yr i noticed AM changed their dropper tips on the 1 oz bottles. The old ones were squared off flat tips, new ones ...

In GEAR » Opinions on the Clelland aquamira mix method?
January 27, 10:01pm

Peter, the published EPA treatment is by C-t to accomplish the desired reduction. C-t is concentration x time. Concentration is mg/L = ppm , time is minutes. So you can half the amount, and w...

January 27, 7:39pm

This has been repeated here many times. Tablets are an EPA certified water purifier. The 4 hrs is to treat cryptosporidium. AM drops are not an EPA certified water purifier. There is difficul...

January 27, 6:31pm

jmt survey
John amassed a lot of information in this survey which was answered by almost 700 hikers in 2014. Gear failures are a tiny part. As you might guess, the majority of people it seems, are new to a...

In GEAR » 2014 JMT thru-hiker survey - results on gear failures
January 26, 10:47pm

Its not exact science. You dont know how much treatment is needed. Most of time, you really dont need to treat at all, so there is a wide margin for error. The benefit of drops is they are cheap...

January 26, 8:47pm

I tried bushidos and they werent what i was looking for. Very much seemed a stability and control shoe. Toe box is also a little low, my toes hit the top fabric and that was irrirating. Prett...

In GEAR » What hoe am I looking for?
January 26, 2:58am

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm