Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Leigh Baker (leighb) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Northeast Texas Pineywoods
About Me Nearly 60,but in better shape than at 40! Always hiked, love the outdoors and nature. Started backpacking just over 3 yrs. ago,fortunately began UL thanks to BPL. Also an avid paddler,and special education teacher.
My PDF Gear ListEarly Fall/Late Spring weekend list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Leigh Baker

Showing 121 - 130 of 463 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...47

Forum » Thread

Great discussion!
Someone please help Jennifer with her blog :-), I'd love to see some more exercises and I think many of us could benefit. I've had less than stellar pt for my knee issues and what she menti...

In GEAR » Boots, shoes, and knee support
February 13, 4:51am

sprint aquatic mesh shoes
A couple of years ago someone here posted about these. They are basically a cheap shower shoe. I googled them and bought 5 pr. figuring they'd wear out fast. I've worn two pair out so far i...

In Make Your Own Gear » 3.5 ounce streem xing sandals
February 11, 5:13pm

"Tarp and bivy vs. hybrid tent debate 2013"
"There is no right or wrong, better or worse, advantages or disadvantages, to this whole issue. We each have to know what our experiences are, what the weather conditions are going to be li...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Tarp and bivy vs. hybrid tent debate 2013
January 31, 5:37am

cuben solomid
Can you elaborate on the mods?

In Gear Swap » FS: Cuben Solomid, Zpacks Cuben GS Poncho, Borah Gear bug Bivy
January 28, 4:13pm

Elk Park/Chicago Basin shuttle loop questions
I have only been backpacking for a couple of years. I do a lot of trips in AR fall to spring. For the past two summers I've gone with a group of friends to either the Pecos Wilderness or south ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Elk Park/Chicago Basin shuttle loop questions
January 23, 5:08am

nm found one
thanks

In Gear Swap » WTB GoLite Chrome Dome
January 16, 6:12am

How do you pack your Xtherm?
I bought one because I'm a cold sleeper but have only used it so far for car camping, since I use a hammock for backpacking trips. But this summer I will have a couple of trips where I'll u...

In GEAR » How do you pack your Xtherm?
January 05, 6:16am

H51w here as well
I used to carry an e-lite with a photon backup, but on a trip this fall a fellow hiker got sick just before dark and luckily I was able to hike a short way out and found the last couple leaving fro...

In GEAR » ZebraLights...
December 20, 4:22am

gear grams
I had trouble yesterday, but worked this morning :-)

In Gear Lists » Geargrams.com not working?
December 14, 5:25am

gloves sold
aggghhh, I'm sorry, I just got home and realized I hadn't distinguished what material...what I get for doing things as I'm walking out the door...I did have a pm at 7:49 am and so I thi...

In Gear Swap » FS: DeFeet Duragloves size L
December 10, 4:29pm

All Reader Reviews by Leigh Baker

Leigh Baker has posted no reviews.