BPL Community Profile

Kyle Meyer (kylemeyer) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Portland, OR
About Me Kyle Meyer has not added a biography yet.
CityPortland
StateOR
My Website URLhttp://wenthiking.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kyle Meyer

Showing 121 - 130 of 241 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...25

Forum » Thread

First impressions of the Altai Hok Skis
As some background, I'm a somewhat avid snowboarder. I've ridden for 15 years. I taught snowboarding for two years in college at a local ski resort. I'm comfortable with the steepest an...

In GEAR » First impressions of the Altai Hok Skis
January 11, 10:54am

AMK Sol Heatsheet emergency blankets
I'm a fan of the AMK heatsheets. They're made out of polyetheline, not mylar like most emergency blankets, so they're much more durable. An oversized single person groundsheet weighs 2....

In GEAR » Best UL groundsheet
January 06, 10:20am

Cottages can't compete with major companies making the same products? Really?
I wrote about this a little bit on my blog but essentially, I think this is an obvious point Ryan is making and that he said it all wrong. Major manufacturers are now finally making reasonably ultr...

In Editor's Roundtable » Cottage Stagnation and Recent Gems
December 30, 11:30am

Roan Plateau Jacket
The Roan Plateau jacket seems like a great deal for the price with 5.8oz of 800fill in it at 16oz total weight. Has anyone tried these on or own one before? I am 6' tall and 195 lbs. I have ...

In Gear Deals » Golite updated their clearance section
December 27, 11:24am

Re: Need PNW Help - Backpacking the Columbia River Gorge End of December
(Just pulling out the map, my eyes found a route taking me up the PCT from Herman Creek to Wahtum Lake, and then swinging back over via Cedar Swamp down Herman Creek itself - trial 406? - back to t...

In Winter Hiking » Need PNW Help - Backpacking the Columbia River Gorge End of December
December 19, 5:23pm

Re: Forums links
Does that mean you're going to add that javascript to the main.js file? Because that would be swell.

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Links in the body of posts
December 15, 4:40pm

REI Halo 10º Women's — $150
http://www.rei.com/product/778167/rei-halo-10-sleeping-bag-womens The women's long is EN-rated to 1º for men, has 30 ounces of 750 fill down, and the 30% off stacks with the existing discou...

In Gear Deals » Additional 30% off REI products - sale and clearance included, free shipping on any item
December 14, 4:21pm

Re: Even Cheap Used Rando Race Gear Is Way Lighter
On the contrary, BPL has always had an extremely strong interest in affordability. This is why there's a long history of MYOG articles and an active community centered around it. Randonee gear ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Altai Skis: The Hok Ski and X-Trace Universal Binding Review
December 14, 2:21pm

Re: Rando Race Gear (again)
Jonathan — what about the fact that randonee ski setups are extraordinarily expensive to get down to the weights you're talking about, and even then I severely doubt larger skis, bigger bindi...

In Editor's Roundtable » Altai Skis: The Hok Ski and X-Trace Universal Binding Review
December 14, 1:21pm

Re: Re: Thanks
Yes, definitely use Wordpress or Tumblr or something. I promise you that you will sell zero backpacks with a website like that. Christ, that is an awful website. Alternatively, I take freelance...

In GEAR » Alter Ego backpacking gear update
December 13, 12:35am

All Reader Reviews by Kyle Meyer

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

MLD Trailstar
I've now had the Trailstar out over thirt...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
January 18, 11:43am