BPL Community Profile

Kyle Meyer (kylemeyer) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Portland, OR
About Me Kyle Meyer has not added a biography yet.
CityPortland
StateOR
My Website URLhttp://wenthiking.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kyle Meyer

Showing 121 - 130 of 238 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Forum » Thread

Roan Plateau Jacket
The Roan Plateau jacket seems like a great deal for the price with 5.8oz of 800fill in it at 16oz total weight. Has anyone tried these on or own one before? I am 6' tall and 195 lbs. I have ...

In Gear Deals » Golite updated their clearance section
December 27, 11:24am

Re: Need PNW Help - Backpacking the Columbia River Gorge End of December
(Just pulling out the map, my eyes found a route taking me up the PCT from Herman Creek to Wahtum Lake, and then swinging back over via Cedar Swamp down Herman Creek itself - trial 406? - back to t...

In Winter Hiking » Need PNW Help - Backpacking the Columbia River Gorge End of December
December 19, 5:23pm

Re: Forums links
Does that mean you're going to add that javascript to the main.js file? Because that would be swell.

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Links in the body of posts
December 15, 4:40pm

REI Halo 10º Women's — $150
http://www.rei.com/product/778167/rei-halo-10-sleeping-bag-womens The women's long is EN-rated to 1º for men, has 30 ounces of 750 fill down, and the 30% off stacks with the existing discou...

In Gear Deals » Additional 30% off REI products - sale and clearance included, free shipping on any item
December 14, 4:21pm

Re: Even Cheap Used Rando Race Gear Is Way Lighter
On the contrary, BPL has always had an extremely strong interest in affordability. This is why there's a long history of MYOG articles and an active community centered around it. Randonee gear ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Altai Skis: The Hok Ski and X-Trace Universal Binding Review
December 14, 2:21pm

Re: Rando Race Gear (again)
Jonathan — what about the fact that randonee ski setups are extraordinarily expensive to get down to the weights you're talking about, and even then I severely doubt larger skis, bigger bindi...

In Editor's Roundtable » Altai Skis: The Hok Ski and X-Trace Universal Binding Review
December 14, 1:21pm

Re: Re: Thanks
Yes, definitely use Wordpress or Tumblr or something. I promise you that you will sell zero backpacks with a website like that. Christ, that is an awful website. Alternatively, I take freelance...

In GEAR » Alter Ego backpacking gear update
December 13, 12:35am

Re: Re: Re: MLD TrailStar - Cuben
I'll have to try that next time I'm out. Thanks Ron!

In GEAR » MLD TrailStar - Cuben
December 12, 9:38pm

Re: MLD TrailStar - Cuben
I really doubt that'd help. If the tarp is pitched well, there isn't any slack in the door at all. On the contrary, the whole thing is drum tight. If the tie-outs were there, you could conc...

In GEAR » MLD TrailStar - Cuben
December 12, 5:27pm

Re: _
IMO the compromises needed to use nonbreathable gear, and to make your raingear double as shelter, outweigh the benefits. The poncho tarps exemplify the overused saying about tarps in general: &q...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Alternative Rainwear: State of the Market Report - Part 2: Overview of Individual Products
December 06, 1:43pm

All Reader Reviews by Kyle Meyer

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

MLD Trailstar
I've now had the Trailstar out over thirt...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
January 18, 11:43am