BPL Community Profile

kevin timm (ktimm) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado (SeekOutside)
About Me kevin timm has not added a biography yet.
CityRidgway
StateColorado
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://seekoutside.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by kevin timm

Showing 121 - 130 of 259 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...26

Forum » Thread

Water
Cottonwood had water last weekend. Roaring springs did not.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Grand Canyon- Double Crossing aka "Rim-to-Rim-to-Rim"- BPL Group Run
April 05, 9:27am

Water
I did it as a fast pack last weekend. Some water is on and some is off. As long as you are on bright angle creek water is plentiful, off that it's scarce. There is water on the north rim but it...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Grand Canyon- Double Crossing aka "Rim-to-Rim-to-Rim"- BPL Group Run
April 05, 6:59am

bump
Drawing is in a few days

In Gear Deals » Win a Backcountry Shelter
March 29, 9:33am

Not at 7 ft tall
It changes the game at 7 ft tall. The Easton 625 is fine for shorter tents and the .750 is decent for a tent in the 6 ft range, and could be used to 7ft, but not for snow loads and big wind. The .7...

In Make Your Own Gear » Octamid Help
March 22, 8:09am

winter use
add the extra tie outs and some guyouts

March 22, 7:53am

Angle also matters
The steeper the less cat cut, you don't need much at 90 degrees :)

March 20, 7:41pm

That is my general hypothesis
It's where I start usually on a proto, although that assumes all have the same length. If you odd ball shaped then it would factor in as well.

March 20, 3:46pm

Gravity and Angle
Longer runs to the corner of mids require more, and more of a turn in the fabric (like 90 degree) seems to bring some sort of a natural tension against each other rather than a rounding effect. It&...

March 20, 12:52pm

Cat cuts
As a point of reference, our BCS which is a vertical seam, mid / tipi hybrid has vastly different cat cut amounts from the mid / corners to the more tipi style front side. In fact the cat might onl...

March 20, 8:36am

Bump
No Spam, no hidden stuff, just a chance to win. http://seekoutside.com/win-a-backcountry-shelter

In Gear Deals » Win a Backcountry Shelter
March 20, 8:26am

All Reader Reviews by kevin timm

kevin timm has posted no reviews.